Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 10:13:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quetion regarding Alphas  (Read 2427 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
bopeep

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2008, 09:04:26 pm »

Hello

I have 2 question concerning Cloning and recolouring clothing – please note .. this is not about needing tutorials .

I need to know if we are allowed to alter the alpha on the cloned file?  

I would like to make a full bodied outfit for Merfolk, but to do so I would need to clone one of Marvine’s mertails and make changes to the top section of the alpha.  I know permission has been given for recolours, but I can not find any info on the policy of alphas.  I would be using images I have downloaded from the wed for the recolouring.

I did PM Mervine but have had no reply

My second question is  - If altering and alpha is permissible, would I be allowed to submit the clothing to this and other sites?  I know I have to give a link to the mesh here and credit to Marvine.

Is there anything else I need to be aware of if I do submit some outfits?

Thank you
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 09:07:19 pm by bopeep » Logged
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 10:36:58 pm »

A recolor consists of two parts: textures and alphas. So Alphas are a part of a recoloring.

Unless Marvine specifically stated not to do any alpha edits, then you're not breaching her policy.

would I be allowed to submit the clothing to this and other sites? I know I have to give a link to the mesh here and credit to Marvine.

Yes, that's part of Marvine's policy. No paysites though. It's in the READ ME file.

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
bopeep

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 03:42:23 pm »

Thanks for replying Jasumi, I just need to make sure I correctly understand all of this.

When you say no paysites, does that mean just the mesh.  I did read the Read me but it only covered the mesh, not the recolour.  I am confused because of somthing Marvine stated

[Quote: The mesh is included in the RAR. The mesh may not be redistributed without permission. Please link back to this thread for the mesh and give credit. Recolours may be posted on any site; however because of the nature of Maxis exchange you may not use this mesh for any Sim you upload to Maxis Sims 2 Exchange.

Thanks and sorry to be a pest.  I have not tried making outfits before and do not wish to upset anyone.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 08:47:47 pm »

Moving this over to the Mesh Creation & Recoloring Help forum, as this fits better there.  Wink

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 09:17:59 pm »

You may not post the recolor on paysites, period.
And you have to link back to her original thread for the mesh file

No longer active
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: