Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 10:05:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OFB : more customers in a home business  (Read 1304 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nannie

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2008, 02:34:26 am »

Hello !

I have all expansions/packs up to M&G and I have a problem with one of my family's home business. The business rank is at 10, so I should be able to have up to 10 customers. But since my family expanded (6 sims & 3 pets), I've never had more than 3 customers at a time.

I understand it's due to a game limitation due to my computer specs which can't handle more than that and keeps the game running smoothly. But as this family is part of a challenge and can't earn money besides the home business, it's a big problem and I'd like to try and go beyond that limit. 5-6 customers at a time would be quite enough for me. 10 is not a necessity, though it would certainly be a bigger challenge...

I've tried the intprop maxnumofvisitingsims set to up to 8, then 16 (6 sims + 3 pets + 7 visitors) and it doesn't seem to change anything.
I wanted to try Squinge's mode, but it says you have up to 20 customers, and I don't want to cheat, especially in a challenge. I'm not sure either that it allows to exceed max specs. It's not clearly stated.

I don't know if lowering graphics settings could help, but I don't really want to try that as I'm supposed to take many pictures for the story I write for the challenge. And it's already as difficult as it is without having to change the settings back to normal before taking any picture.

So is there another solution or another mod I could try ?

I have also another request which have nothing to do with Sims. I'm french, and though I think I speak well enough to let people understand what I'm talking about, I'm sure I make mistakes, especially grammar ones. So  I would appreciate if someone could correct my grammar and form mistakes, so that I can learn how to say things properly...
Thanks in advance...
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 03:07:30 am by Nannie » Logged
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 06:27:21 pm »

You might give Paladin's mod a whirl:

http://208.109.175.73/Sims_2_Customer_Limit_Adjuster.htm

It's a device you place on the business lot and then click to adjust the settings (or turn off altogether). Note the possible conflicts listed along with the mod. There's further how-to documentation included in the readme file which comes with the object.
Nannie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 01:22:52 am »

Yes you're right. I had searched at Paladin's Place, but I didn't think to search for something in the objects. And this one might well work. Is sounds promising and I just hope it works with AL.

I will try it next time I'll play... Thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: