Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:10:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Try For baby" interaction not available  (Read 4820 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cill8

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2008, 09:32:34 pm »

Ok, I know that my problem has something to do with my "inteenemator" download, but, I don't know why. Because, before I installed new expansions, (that are older than the ones I already had), I didn't have this problem.

----When It all started-----
Over the weekend, I went out to purchase Nightlife, but, they obviously don't sell it anymore? So, I bought the next best thing, Double Deluxe [which, has ts2, NL, and Celebration stuff]. Now, I already had installed on my computer, ts2, uni, and pets. And had the inteenemator pets version. So, in order to put on i had to unistall, but, i saved downloads....and, then, after getting the game back up, and playin....and wanting to have kids, i noticed that the "try for baby" interaction isn't there....in bed, hottubs, etc... So, I removed inteenimator, went back into my game, and, ta-da, the interation was back.

So, then I posted on the Simbology help/support board & at MTS2, but, turned out to not be any help  So, now I bring my problem here. Oh, and, someone on simbology help suggested that i had a silent pregnancy thing installed w/ my inteen. when i installed flavor pack, so, i got rid of flavor pack, and, problem still persists. Also, at mts2, it was suggested to remove all other hacks/mods except inteen, but,this still didn't do the trick

Umm....is this just gonna have to be a clue or hint for me to get rid of the "way to get ur lil ones preggy" hack...? Trust me, it's pretty useless for me, If there is another hack out there that will, you know, occassionally let me screw up my teenagers (get teens pregnant). So is there? If not, why is this problem in my game? I mean, it's no HUGE delima, b/c, all i have to do is click on the sims 'biological' clock, then, 'have baby with...', but, call me crazy, but, i like the old fashioned way better.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 09:34:51 pm »

If it's an InTEEN problem, nobody here can help you.

You'd have to go where you downloaded it.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
cill8

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 09:39:09 pm »

ekozski...i did...(simbology), and well, they there were unfortunately  no help either
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 09:41:42 pm »

I'm sorry about that.

Did you read this by any chance?

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 09:58:37 pm »

Couple of things to try.

1) Use Clean Installer to check what hacks you do. have. A silent or surprise pregnancy hack might have snuck in with something you downloaded. Also  make sure all your EPs are patched (everything in Double Deluxe, IIRC, is pre-patched).

2) Get rid of the Inteenimator you do have and download and install a fresh version of it.
cill8

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 10:09:36 pm »

Quote from: EKozski;1467763
I'm sorry about that.

Did you read this by any chance?

actually, yea, and went to there...and, then to here, b/c simbology isn't really helpin me.... really.....
cill8

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 10:14:06 pm »

Quote from: rwills;1467777
Couple of things to try.

1) Use Clean Installer to check what hacks you do. have. A silent or surprise pregnancy hack might have snuck in with something you downloaded. Also  make sure all your EPs are patched (everything in Double Deluxe, IIRC, is pre-patched).

2) Get rid of the Inteenimator you do have and download and install a fresh version of it.

i'm not really that familiar with clean installer, but,  i do have the Download Organiser from MTS2 and checked my folder recently....checkin' my mods/hacks.

...i failed to patch up pets and university... but, r u telling me that i don't need to download the Nightlife patch, b/c it comes already with the Double Deluxe....and also, since Double Deluxe is DVD version, do i not need that patch either?
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 10:19:09 pm »

It doesn't hurt anything to download the patches and try to install them. You'll most likely get a "game is already patched" message - so no harm, no foul. Just delete the downloaded patch as you would any other patch .exe file after it has been installed.
cill8

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 10:28:31 pm »

Quote from: rwills;1467811
It doesn't hurt anything to download the patches and try to install them. You'll most likely get a "game is already patched" message - so no harm, no foul. Just delete the downloaded patch as you would any other patch .exe file after it has been installed.

ok.... like u say...no harm Smiley and, patches show up in the....... downloads folder? or where? [in case i need to delete...and for future reference]
cill8

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 10:39:53 pm »

OK, everyone....No need to diagnose me anymore [even though, since i'm on the wrong help board......and all] ,but, i found this other thing, just like InTEEN, and, decided to just do away with the whole thing.

....but, thanks for the suggestions, and, i do plan on takin' them into account.... I plan on going and patching...And, i know what hacks/mods i have installed.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 10:41:30 pm »

Quote from: cill8;1467823
ok.... like u say...no harm Smiley and, patches show up in the....... downloads folder? or where? [in case i need to delete...and for future reference]

All the official patches are here:

http://thesims2.ea.com/update/

They will show up wherever you choose to save them to on your computer. Each is an .exe file.

After they are downloaded, click on the .exe file to install each patch.

Since you just did a total reinstall of all your game and EPs, installing them in order from oldest to newest is recommended.

After installation, each of the .exe files can be deleted from your computer. Those files do not belong in your Sims 2 Download folder.
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 11:04:22 pm »

Do you have more than eight sims living on a lot?

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
cill8

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 08:45:19 am »

rwills - thanks, i updated.
Jasumi - at the start of my problem, no, i did not have more than 8 sims on lot, but, only 2 sims and a cat. (and no, the cat wasn't pregnant)

But, ohwell, i guess my issue is Double Deluxe, and, in which case, i don't know.... I suppose I'll just have to forget the whole pregnant teen ordeal.
Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 02:29:09 pm »

Inteen has "risky woohoo" installed, so the try for baby option no longer appears. You have the option for having contraception if you click on the active sim and use the body clock.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: