Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:53:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Inbox Full so quickly  (Read 15241 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2008, 12:59:58 pm »

Thank you for the Info

Pierre cool

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Delphy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2008, 07:05:29 pm »

Wait, your doing backups using mysqldump? *points and laughs*

Also yes that "security" justification is total crap.

But hey, the "leader" has spoken and is content to run a site that has *less* features than the original... so who am I to say anything?

Carry on.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2008, 08:34:35 pm »

For all the problems at the old Insim, we had Joy (who lives up to her name), and daily updates, and new young modders spreading their wings.

For the record, you still have me Smiley Still Joy, just a busy Joy, with it being the holiday season and me getting ready to fly off to Nova Scotia in only four more sleeps. *dances*

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2008, 01:23:15 pm »

Yeah, we still haz the Joy and we got her a brand-new industrial coffee-maker, so she's even more caffeinated than ever! Cheesy

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Starfishy-chan

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2008, 01:27:13 pm »

Um, I'll probably be stoned for this, but just my two cents on the matter...to be blunt, I'm a little put off by the fact that all of these "Pescadoisms" are suddenly being implemented on the site. The tiny little inbox (10 PMs only? Jesus Christ!), the Rule of 6, the sudden increase in lolspeak. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pescado was never really part of Insim before this revolution, right? I thought that this saving of the site was done in the name of its members and family. Shouldn't we get the final say in this inbox issue, not simply because Pescado doesn't believe in having larger inboxes or views it as a matter of security? Honestly, I'd have to go with Delphy on this issue. D:

Insim isn't MATY, nor is it PMDB. While I fully support the pirates and download from the Booty like mad, I don't really think that it's right for Insim to be a new means of projecting Pescado's personal beliefs. .____.; I like my large inbox, plain and simple. I highly doubt that it is going to have much of an effect on the rest of the site for the same reasons that Delphy already stated. It was a feature of the old site, and I'd like for it to carry over here. I really don't give a <snip> if MATY only lets you have five PMs in your inbox -- we aren't them.  huh
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 03:59:39 pm by Starfishy-chan » Logged
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2008, 01:43:34 pm »

Watch you mouth and edit your post before I do it for you. The rule on swearing is still in force. We are on one of Pescado's servers and until we get our own, we will roll with the changes or get run over. Yes, Pescado was a member of InSIM before the revolution. He helped out on a few things when K&E had trouble, same as Delphy did. And before you tell me that no one ever talked to you the way I am now at the old site, bullsmeg, I was there too, and was a supermod, so get your knickers out of the twist and quit stirring the pot. Your thoughts have been seen and taken into consideration. Now edit the cussing in your post before I do.

Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2008, 02:15:27 pm »

Yes, Pescado was a part of insim, not an overly active poster, but that can actually also be said for quite a few other people in this thread, but most definitely an active member and he helped out K&E with issues, as did Delphy

Not sure where Pescado has projected his personal beliefs?? Does Pescado actually HAVE any personal beliefs??!! Cheesy

Sudden increase in lolspeak? Where would that be then? Ohhh, you mean my thread about the new site - We can haz new site NAO? Well, that IS just one thread out of the many hundreds that are already on this site

now, I realise that people are unhappy - no-one likes change - but change we must if we want the insim community to continue. And as paden said, peoples' thoughts on this have already been taken into consideration as the inbox allocation has actually been increased to what it was when the site was first set up. The staff explained to Pescado that people did in fact need a bigger allocation and that's what we got. Granted, it's not much bigger but it is bigger.

and yes, the outbox does seem to be unlimited, so there's a work round for you right there

And if the technical people in this thread could please NOT stoop to childish playground behaviour it would be most appreciated Wink

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2008, 03:30:20 pm »

I don't get it. People were Kermit flailing about wanting a site, and now that we have one, they're Kermit flailing because it's not exactly just like the old one instead of being happy that we're up and going. People, get your Kermit flailing in order, would you please, and make up your mind about what to KF about, would you please!? Just remember that we're here now and without Walt... thanks to Pescado.

Inge Jones

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2008, 03:56:28 pm »

Though, being without Walt may not have been the most important issue for the majority of normal members.  For many of them, being without Pescado may have felt the more important. 

I think we can get the best of both worlds by trying as far as possible not to ram an annexation to PMBD and MATY down their throats.   

Pescado is quite capable, of being technical admin to, and owner of, the site without necessarily having a load of lolcatting and stompinating everywhere to make him feel at home.  It's not actually him doing the cutlass waving.  It's one or two(?) other people who I would have thought might have made their first concern their ordinary longtime users that they are meant to be making feel at home at the new location.  Not to point any fingers directly, you understand Wink

SimLogical
Please do not PM me with questions about modding.  Please post in an appropriate forum and send me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
Starfishy-chan

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2008, 03:59:21 pm »

*scritches head* Er, what swearing? I just read over my post three times and don't spot a single cussword, so I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that.  huh

OH.You mean d*mn? Honestly, I did not even count that, but yes -- I'll edit that right out, sorry.  tongue

And I apologize Paden, I wasn't aware that I couldn't express my opinion. I'll shut my big fat mouth from here on out. :]

Thank you very much, Ali! I really appreciate the kind reply. It's wonderful that the inbox has been increased a little bit, and thanks for notifying me about the no limit on the outbox. I'll get in the habit of saving messages there instead.

And LMAO @ personal beliefs! Hahaa, yeah. I was mainly referring to the inbox thing and the rule of six, but since you've cleared that up for me, it's all fine and dandy.

Fake edit: Inge, you are much more articulate when it comes to expressing things than I am. Kudos!
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2008, 05:41:34 pm »

Oy. I'm locking this thread before it erupts into flames.

I'll say this much: deal with the limit on your inbox, mild language has never been an issue, and people are free to state their opinions; even if someone else may disagree and/or interpret them differently. End of story.

ETA:
Starfishy-chan: it's the phrase "Jesus Christ" Paden was alluding too. Doesn't rub me the wrong way personally, but it's not considered PG-13.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 06:16:56 pm by Jenna » Logged

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: