Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:16:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Find all threads started by user  (Read 5939 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
The_French_Sim

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2008, 01:30:29 pm »

Hello,

I'm wondering if there's an easy way to find all the threads created by a certain member (handy to find all of someone's creations... or even all of my own!)

Thanks in advance.
akatonbo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 11:34:00 pm »

Same here. Such a feature is a vital part of being able to find things on a site that has a large free-for-all upload area (and handy for just about any forum, for that matter, at least for the find-all-my-own-threads part).
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 12:43:34 pm »

About the closest to the feature that you are wanting is find latest posts, which you can find by going to said person's profile and scrolling down to the bottom, where it says, "Show the last posts of this person." You can also type in key words using the search feature and things ought to show up.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
The_French_Sim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 03:19:07 pm »

About the closest to the feature that you are wanting is find latest posts, which you can find by going to said person's profile and scrolling down to the bottom, where it says, "Show the last posts of this person." You can also type in key words using the search feature and things ought to show up.
Only, if said creator also posts stories/feedback/general chit-chat on the forums, it'll be very tedious to find all their uploads using their last few posts. And going through all of the posts of a proficient yet talkative old-timer to find all their uploads could be hell.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 03:45:28 pm »

SMF does not appear to natively include this feature for reasons not immediately apparent. I will look into adding it.
hardwaretoad

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 01:21:53 am »

The 'find all posts by' and/or 'find all threads created by' features were not only handy for things like mentioned by The_French_Sim, they also came in handy for admin when trying to find needed links or even trying to track patterns of suspected forum abusers.

\"Jeux sans Frontieres\"...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 01:48:43 am »

This isn't a debate. Tongue I already said I would look for a way to add it. Tongue
The_French_Sim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 01:05:53 pm »

This isn't a debate. Tongue I already said I would look for a way to add it. Tongue
Thanks Smiley I'll just wait patiently now.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 08:06:30 am »

We are closing this issue as it now been resolved. See the user's profile tab for the new option.
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 10:06:40 pm »

Heh. If you're using the Babylon Theme, there doesn't appear to be an option for it when you click another user's profile. I do, however, see the option when I'm viewing my own profile. Clicking that produces an error message: "Unable to load the 'showTopics' template."

It works perfectly fine with the other themes, though.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 10:11:43 pm by Jenna » Logged

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Nouk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 06:33:48 pm »

You'd have to manually edit the custom theme's files for it to work for custom themes. The instructions are on the page where you downloaded the mod. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: