Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 05:16:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A thumbnail question  (Read 4398 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
~simaholic

Runaway Slave

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2008, 02:58:58 pm »

Hi there all. I have uploaded some infant clothing, only thing I have noticed is that only some of the outfits have a thumnail image as you can see here http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/board,658.0.html  I have uploaded all of the outfits exactly the same, so am a bit baffled that it is not showing in some of them. Is there a reason for this, or should I re upload them again?
sunni9676

We're all out of cake...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 08:50:09 am »

Im having an issue with the thumbnails as well. The image you want to use for the thumbnail must appear first in the list of attachments for it to show up. The problem Im encountering is no matter which order I upload files I cant seem to get my image at the top of the list. Sometimes at the bottom of the post it shows the files in correct order, however thumbnail does not appear. When I go to modify the post the attachments are shown out of order.

For instance I have a lot with 2 .rar and 1 .jpg. I upload them in order: (1).jpg (2) & (3) .rar......the order gets mixed up every time. Its quite confusing. I have tried it several different ways with no success.

Please visit my site at www.sunni.us to view and download my creations.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 03:17:18 am »

You need to attach your image files first then post, once you've done that, go back into your post, choose Modify and then attach your .rar files. That way the board with recognise the jpg properly.

Thanks to Nouk for the explanation Grin

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
~simaholic

Runaway Slave

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 03:49:46 am »

Ali is there a way we can fix the old uploads that did not work?
sunni9676

We're all out of cake...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 05:00:51 am »

Ali, I actually did what you suggested, however my .rar files were always at the top. The only way I got it to work was to modify post and upload one item at a time, each .rar and then last the .jpg.  While the list in the post shows the .jpg at the bottom, if you go to modify post and show attachments it shows the most recent uploaded attachment at the top. It is completely backwards, but I did get it to work finally!

Please visit my site at www.sunni.us to view and download my creations.
Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 09:08:41 am »

Yes, I did that as well - the way Ali said - and I also tried the way you did it, Sunni, but neither way worked or any other way, for that matter. I'm a bit baffled, I must confess.

Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 12:46:32 pm »

we're looking for a work round on this, as soon as we can get something sorted we'll put it up in the announcements thread

~simaholic - I don't think there's anything that we can do regarding the old attached jpgs short of people modifying their posts. If you see any old posts with .rar/.zip problems then let us know and we'll see what we can sort out

the whole site is a kind of huge work in progress at the moment!

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
MizbubblyNg

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 05:15:24 pm »

Yay Thanks so much for saving Insim!
It's for sure one of my favorites and i was sad to see the problem that came up.
Read a bit over at The site that must not be named and found this link just a minut ago at Sapphiresims2,thank goodness!

Love the look of the new Insim  Cheesy
Gonna take a look at the rest of the site.

Happy,happy,happy Smiley.Happy,happy,happy Smiley....and now*puke* over my excessive reaction

Edit: See,just new to the new site and making mistakes already....
This reply supposed to be in the 'Praise' post.....sorry
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008, 08:30:08 pm »

You can mention PMBD, it's not like it's rat poison, you know.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: