Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 04:58:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about Alphas and Skeletons  (Read 2483 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
underworld_imp

True Hardcore Gamer

View Profile WWW
« on: December 11, 2008, 07:18:21 pm »

Smiley

Hi!

I have a concern about alphas and bumps on a skeleton. I tried to search for my answer on Google and other Sims 2 sites (including mts2), and all they talk about is how to add bumps to clothing, and that's not what I was looking for...

My question is; Is there a way to edit alphas that have bumps and masks on them (the clothing that has detail), and remove them to start from absolute scratch? I am not talking about creating default replacements, not by any means... I just want to create new meshes without working around the annoying bumps and masks that Maxis has put in.

I can easily find ways to add them back, if I don't like how my new mesh turns out. But only creating clothing from high detailed Maxis clothing, is like boring. Recolors is boring, and alpha editing is fun. But i can only alpha edit on clothing that have no detail / bumps / masks on them  Cry

Please help... I am in meshing peril without answers x_x

Smiley

Check out my Sims 2 Meshes and Recolors at

http://blissphomey.yuku.com/

==========

Those Who Run From The Darkness Are Those Who Are Swallowed By The Light.  Those That Creep In The Shadows, Are The Darkness' Shape-shifters.

- imp
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 06:25:24 pm »

I dont understand wat you want?
Masks or bumpmapping has nothing to do with meshing, those are options you can add in the txmt's(material settings) wich are located in the outfit itself.

No longer active
underworld_imp

True Hardcore Gamer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 04:42:33 pm »

cool

Well I want to know if there is a way to temporarily remove the bumps on the outfits...

For instance... When I load up body up, and extract the uv maps, I go and edit the alphas. But when I edit the alphas, some detail is left on the skeleton making the meshing more difficult to do.

For instance: The female > child > underwear has no detail on the skeleton making alpha editing easy.
However... The male > child > underwear has detail on the clothing, making alpha editing more difficult to work on.

I want to remove the detail, left over by the actual outfit, so I can create my meshes without worrying about the bumps left on by Maxis.

cool

==========

Those Who Run From The Darkness Are Those Who Are Swallowed By The Light.  Those That Creep In The Shadows, Are The Darkness' Shape-shifters.

- imp
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 09:42:52 pm »

You can simply black out the body~stdMatNormalMapTextureName.bmp when working in bodyshop.
You can do this when starting your first recolor(before the custom mesh is attached)

If you forgot you can do it with simpe but its much easier to run your recol again through bodyshop/clone it and black out the normalmap.

If i still misunderstand, then put up a picture of wat you mean.

No longer active
underworld_imp

True Hardcore Gamer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 01:45:17 pm »

cool

Thanks bloom... I will try that! I will post ss' once I have done it.

cool

==========

- imp
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: