Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 06:43:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Downloads don't show up since I installed Mansion & garden  (Read 3842 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Josette1807

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2008, 01:08:48 pm »

Hello,

My downloads don't show up since I installed Mansion & garden, not including wallpapers and floors. Other then that not a single download shows up. I only have downloads of which was said by the creater that it worked with mansion & garden.
Does anyone have an idea of what's wrong?

Thanks,
Josette
ScooterBren

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 01:22:54 pm »

What downloads do you have?  What expansions do you have?  Here is the known issues I have noticed so far with the Mansion and Garden stuff pack.  Insimenator seems to remove some of the dialog for apartment life.  Inteenimator is not updated for apartment life or mansion and garden stuff, so it may ruin you game if it is in the downloads folder.  The teen woohoo freezes when teens make out, so take that download out immediately.  Mansion and garden stuff is almost like another ep.  So your download folder should have been cleared out before installing mansion and garden stuff.  Make a back up of your lots, remove all downloads and try installing the game again.  First check the custom content button to check if custom content is selected.  Sometimes it deselects it when a new expansion is installed.  Does your seasons clothes show up in your game?  That has been my problem as shown a few posts below this one.
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 04:28:05 pm »

Josette,

Did you re-enable custom content? You have to re-enable custom content every time you install a new Expansion pack.
Josette1807

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 05:05:24 pm »

I have all EP's and stuff packs.

Yeah, I re-enabled custom content 3 times.

I have InSimenator and a mod to allow toddlers to walk up stairs.

I tried it on a different computer, same Ep's, same stuff packs and same downloads. It worked, so it seems to be a problem with my computer. I'm having it cleaned tomorrow.

Thanks to both of you for replying.

Josette
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 07:40:58 pm »

Try moving your downloads folder to the desktop and then start the game and exit as soon as it finishes loading. Now put your downloads back in and re-start the game. I've had to do that in the past.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 08:04:38 pm »

Follow these steps (they seem counter-intuitive but they work):

Launch the game
If you get the custom contents interim screen, click 'Disable Custom Content'
Enter a 'hood and, in Game Options, Disable 'Show Custom Content in Catalog' (if that is already disabled, set it to Enable and then  back to Disable)
Quit the game.
Re-launch the game and reverse the two settings you just made above
Quit the game

Next time you play, all cc should show up properly.

Josette1807

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 09:12:05 am »

My uncle cleaned up my computer, then I put the downloads back, and now it's working. Cheesy

Thanks everyone.

Josette
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: