Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:58:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Uploading your Creations - Please read - Updated 16.02.09  (Read 32091 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2008, 02:27:04 pm »

Hi Guys

When uploading your creations, ensure that the first file you upload is the picture file, this way your thread will display the picture as a thumbnail in the section then attach your rar/zip file

IF, and only if, the thumbnail does not display then you may double-post *gasp* yes, the rabid munchkins will be banned from the upload sections when it comes to double posting in this case: attach your image file to your first post and your rar/zip file to your second post

Please remember to link all other images from photobucket, tinypic or another 3rd party hosting site - you may only upload one picture to the site

Many many thanks indeed must go to Whitefire who was our guinea pig for this ... My Lady, you are a superstar Grin

edit coz I'm a numpty and my assumptions were completely off base LOL

ETA: Please remember to respect the TOU of any creator. Do not include something in your upload here if, by doing so, it violates a creator's TOU. It doesn't matter if it is a pay creator or free. If their TOU says "don't share", then don't.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 12:25:32 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 07:50:32 pm »

Thank you ali

Pierre

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Josette1807

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 08:26:25 am »

Hello,

I was wondering, do the moderators/admins have to approve houses that are uploaded. Because I wanted to upload a house and the topic disappeared but I couldn't post it again, the message said I already posted it. And since I couldn't find the topic, I couldn't upload the RAR-file.

Thanks,
Josette
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 02:21:09 pm »

Hi Josette

no, uploads don't need to be approved. I'll have a look for your post

eta - Josette, your thread is here http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,100501.0.html can you let me know if you can see it. Thanks Smiley

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Josette1807

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 03:10:19 pm »

Yes, I can see it.

However, this is the thread I created afterwards. After I waited a while, I could start the thread again. So the first one is still missing. At the moment, it doesn't matter ofcourse, however, it might be a problem more members will have in the future.

And, I still can't upload any RAR-files. I get the following message:

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message.
No subject was filled in.
The message body was left empty.

Thanks,

Josette
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 04:06:14 pm by Josette1807 » Logged
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 05:47:56 pm »

Hmm, .rar files are allowed. I think the issue here is the size of your attachment. I believe the upload limit is 8mb, whereas your house is just over 20mb.

ETA: I fixed a separate issue with your house. Take a look at your thread for the details.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 08:34:19 pm by Jenna » Logged

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Josette1807

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 03:40:18 am »

Thanks Jenna. Cheesy
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 08:10:22 am »

PHP will barf if you attempt to upload an absolutely ginormous file to it. It is not entirely clear whether allowing this is actually a good idea. And seriously, 20 freaking megs? What the hell, man? Use Clean Installer to clean up, don't upload lots infested with tons of crap that will end up dumped as gibberish filenames!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 12:58:19 pm »

PHP will barf if you attempt to upload an absolutely ginormous file to it.

That gave me a fit of the giggles. I blame not sleeping. Or my twisted sense of humour. Or both.

But seriously...a 20 mb house! Woo, that's big.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
unclesparks
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 12:32:28 pm »

Its not uncommon for a furnished 6x5 lot with multiple levels to exceed 150MB as a sims2pack.  I almost threw up when Tigeress tried to send me one via MSN, but if people want to make large houses on large lots they will be very large files.  Limiting the filesize of an upload will of course prevent said lots from being hosted here. Usually people post them on a fileshare site and simply link it from here. Problem soilved.  You can only rar it so much. 7zip is much more efficient at zipping a large lot and I think it can crunch a 100MB lot enough to get it under the 8MB cap.

Moral of the story. 7zip your lots or take the furniture out/switch to Maxis since rar isn't good enough for big lots. 
Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 10:26:15 am »

Your first post in your upload thread should have a picture image as an attachment, that way it will display in the thumbnail in the thread view.

You need to then reply to yourself and in this second post attach your rar file.

Hi! I've been away for awhile and just read this. If I understand correctly, the rar files then won't be in the original base topic but in a seperate message right after it, right? Just wanted to make sure before doing something stupid. Confused

Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 11:55:29 am »

well,the weird thing is that it seems to be working for some but not for others.

If you put everything in your first post of the topic then you should attach your picture first then the rar file - that seems to be working for a fair few people. If it turns out that this DOES work then we'll change the rules slightly to accommodate

Supernatural_Vixen

Certified Teddy Bear Doctor

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 09:49:59 pm »

I do have a question, in the past if a creator even took a picture of a Sim that had any sort of pay items, the creations wouldn't be uploadable until they removed the item from the zip/rar and the picture.

I've noticed a couple people who have uploaded things using skintones from tsr, technically a pay site and in one case just plain out tweaking one of the creators' sims.

So is it alright on the new site to rip off someone's creations and upload them, trying to get credit?

This One not really sure if this person got the skintone from a celebrity sim ... but to me it looks enough like her that that's the possibility.  but this 'tweaker'flat our ripped off this sim

Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole!
:iroc: Fire up the Impala!!
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 01:21:25 pm »

We do insist that the original creator get the credit for the work they did, pay site or not. We also prefer them not to upload with pay stuff in the file, but refer people to where they can get it. That means the original site and the booty, in case people don't want to shell out for pixels, which is not ethical at all.

If you would be so kind to send PMs to the staff about things like you mentioned, such downloads can be yanked until the post is fixed. If said person keeps doing crap like that, they will get three warnings and their account can and will be deleted. That goes for anyone. Get three warnings and you'll get a flying lesson real fast.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
SimsNat

La imaginación es nuestra droga mas limpia

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 12:59:39 pm »

hola! I have a question. Any download can be deleted by its name or content ??... I can not find another post where they talk about the downloads up.
thanks for your time !!!...
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: