Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 08:02:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Staff List, Member List adjustment  (Read 2194 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sims Mod Lover
Smelling Squinge's Finger

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2008, 06:51:53 pm »

Hello all!

Ok, so it has been a LONG time since I have been here. The few of you who remember me would have seen me more in the old game and introduction forums. Since both of those were deleted during the transfer, I went from a Top 10 poster down to wee member. Cheesy  But anyway, down to business!

SMF was a nice choice for the transferring over. One problem that I recall about it from other forums, though, is that members have a hard time figuring out who the staff are unless that person happens to be online. So, I would suggest a pinned/stickied list of all staff. A way to make the list even more helpful -- especially few newer members -- would be to do with the list as many forums already do: add color to the usernames according to their position in the same way that you see them colored when they are in the online list, group them by position or add a color key at the top explaining what position each color stands for, and link each staff name to their profile. Additionally, for people that have their own section (since this forum has SO MANY sections) it might be helpful to add links out to the side of the creator.

Another minor tweak would be to reduce the number of members that display per page on the member list. It is currently set to 999 names per page, which I am pretty sure is the maximum, which means a luch larger load time if the page is used by anyone.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 08:32:44 pm by Sims Mod Lover » Logged

Make love, not war..... and then make love again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: