Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 01:42:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: So disappointed in the lack of evil available  (Read 11371 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jonas3333

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2008, 08:12:43 am »

So now the news comes out that "evil" sims do such dastardly deeds such as (ooo!) kick over trash cans and (eek) steal candy from babies.

"You can put him in the game, make him "Mean-Spirited", make him evil, give him the "Kleptomaniac" trait, and then you can see what his life is like - give him the "Criminal" career. He'll come over to your house, yell at you, threaten you, because he has the Mean-Spirited trait, if you're not looking he's going to snatch your stuff... so you get to see what life is like living next to a homicidal criminal. The game is for families in that it's a non-violent game, but players can make any character they want and there are lot of very clever things that you can make happen. So it's really open-ended, it's up to you what kind of characters you put in the town. It's not really possible to do cruel or mean things - that's not the kind of game we are"

This really sickens me to no end. What part of threatening and snatching stuff equals "homicidal criminal"?

Firstly, I hate that this is considered a family game.  I hate the ratings system and don't want this game to be considered a family game in the first place.
But even if they are determined to do so. 

What's wrong with Sims murdering other sims??!!

Who exactly are they protecting?  Children from the concept of murder?  I don't think so.

What happened to Harry Potters parents?
What exactly does the Evil Queen wish to do to Snow White?
What happens to Bambi's mother?
What do Cowboys and Indians do to each other?
What does nearly every preteen campfire ghost story involve?

I could go on here but the point is that kids are well introduced to such concepts by the time they are at least 7 years old. And you know what? If they want to cater to the 7-12 group than they need to make a different game for them.  By the teen years, kids not only get the concept but are reading Stephen King or other similar scary books, watching murders on soap operas and numerous other types of related entertainment.

I want my evil sims to do truly evil things and that includes murder. It doesn't have to be gory, bloody, realistic murder - they can do it in a soap opera kind of way.  I'm really not happy about this at all and I'm tired of the Sims not showing the darker side of human nature.
gadget63

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 08:56:27 am »

OK I just notified the authorities about your inner homicidal tendencies and expect a knock on your door soon...  tongue LOL
I happen to agree with you but just like in Sims2 where you had hacks of working guns, death rays, and the like, in time there will be these items available for the sims3. Perhaps the creators of the sims could be persuaded to make a more mature game for us twisted simmers who love carnage and death and gore and such... tongue (yeah that'll happen)

A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move bodies!
:hello2:
GreyIOutcast

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 12:08:43 am »

I had a thought about this earlier, but then I remembered: "Oh, it's a teen game."

The Sims isn't meant to be Grand Theft Auto, I'm sure you understand this. I mean, if you want to kill people in The Sims 3 so badly, I'm sure someone will remake the gun mod.
jonas3333

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 01:21:15 am »

GreyIOutcast: 

I know it's a "teen" rated game.  I'm not sure why it has to be but it is.  Even so, what teen doesn't accept murder as a fairly regularly occurring, albeit highly negative human action?  If they are making this game for teens, I would think they would enjoy this aspect even more than some of the adults.  I know I watched "Nightmare on Elm St." dozens of times when I was 16 and plenty of similar horror movies before that.
Thank you for understanding that I know the Sims is not meant to be GTA.  I don't really see the correlation everyone makes to that game.  I don't want my sims running through the streets and shooting down dozens of other sims....well...townies maybe, but that's beside the point.  Having a murder hack/gun mod doesn't really do it for me though as I want my other sims to remember what has occurred, develop fears of the evil sim and similar fates. I also want to be able to battle the evil with the good via the police force and powerful good sims. I want the darker sides of sims entwined into the stories of all my sims. 

And it doesn't have to be brutal - I wouldn't even expect something like that.  Just make it cartoony fun in a diabolical way.  Real melodramatic soap opera evil using poison, or dueling with swords.  I just cannot conceive how this would not be appropriate for teens.  I think it's far more unethical to portray the sims as goody-goody as they are.  Stealing candy from babies is going to get really old, really fast.

utterchaos

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 10:15:43 am »

I've really wanted more realism in the sims and i agree that evil sims should be able to be evil and kill others...such as the wife killing the lot older and rich husband for his inheritance and making it look like an accident lol. Some of the deaths that happen in the sims 2 are pretty horrible (satellite landing on the sims) or death by fire so why not include poisoning etc?
imdvine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 11:40:46 am »

I play the Sims in order to escape into a better world than the one I live in. As a person who has seen death first hand I can tell you that it is not a game and it is not fun.  When people die they are dead there is no reset button, you can't exit without saving and return to find them waiting for you.  I don't even like the kind of mayhem that is written into the game in the first place. Never you fear though as evidenced by the large number of violent games selling like hotcakes these days there are people out there who will provide you with all the carnage MODs you can handle. I hope you enjoy it in your game, and never have to see it in real life. It is completely different to sit there with your dead best friend resting his head in your lap after you pull him out of the sea, or to hold your mother's cold dead hand at her funeral her body turning black because you could't afford to take an earlier flight. or watching your father as he is slowly eaten away by a voracious disease. Death is not a game to me and if there isn't already enough evil in the world for you, you can have all of my share anytime you want it
mhahse57
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 08:04:24 pm »

Personally, I do wish EA/Maxis would make an EP that is rated "Mature" and includes adult content (not just violence, but other stuff for us adults.)  Sims can die from many causes, even simply from ennui. It has happened several times to me in my games.  Totally unexpected deaths are a real part of life, so if the game allows that, why pixelate showering sims or make WooHoo just silly and not the loving, passionate act it should be?  Our "teen" kids see more sex, and violence on primetime TV--at least the love scenes in the game could be richer.  OK, I admit it--I'm an incurable romantic, but anyone who downloaded my paintings from Insim Adult (mhanse is my handle for adult sites) knows that already. 

The game is rated "T for Teen" because it alludes to sex, making babies, cheating spouses, and other stuff that might be inappropriate for younger children. Yet there are millions of parents who have no issues buying this game for their 6-year olds.  I know this: I was a Moderator for Sims2CarSource and a couple other sites. They were all-ages sites with really young members.  If Sims 3 is just more kid stuff and our great modders can't get us the content we adults desire, I doubt I will make the switch from Sims 2.  If the Maestros think the game is worth their efforts (and we all know who they are) I will be one of the first members of the new Insimenator.org/net or whatever, MTS3, GSC3, Sims3Carsource (kudos and best wishes to TreZillah.  Hello dear one.), SAU, Arthemista, and any other totally free sites.  AND I will happily donate to them as I have in the past. 

Cheers!

Michele

Any world created is a world alive. Nurture that world; cultivate it with imagination. Make it better than the world you live in. Then share it, and change your own world forever.
henrythesecond

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 12:56:49 am »

Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah! No, I've not lost it. I just think of the stuff I've read about the "Conan-Hyborean Adventures" game out there as I read the posts here. Now, it does have an "M" rating, and it naturally shows all sorts of blood and gore and stuff, but they've really drawn a lot of fire over . . .  dare I say it?
Boobies.
Oh, my . . .
Now, they're not the first, and EA knows that. They also know that every time somebody tries to make a mature game, there's always those lawyers representing the moralists out there that sees a way to make a buck. Remember that joker that tried to sue them over the Barbie-doll nudes they use? EA's about greed, not need, and I figured that'd find it's way into TS3, and it has. Granted, it would make wonderful sense to have a "M" version of TS3, but EA just doesn't have the guts, and they never will. They'll go where the money is, and leave the rest to hackers like they always have.
mhahse57
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 02:59:51 am »

Fine, Henry m'man.  I accept that EA/Maxis is selling to the lowest common denominator.  Will our amazing modders/hackers and creators stick with their CC creation?  Even Beos and Marvine are now in retirement.  Is this just a hiatus in preparation for their return with BB, HBB, Athlete, SBB, and Athletic gals for Sims3?  Or are new, intrepid geniuses going to need to hone their skills to pick up the slack?  If the quality of free content goes out the window, and paysites become my only way to find good hair, clothes, body meshes, and natural skintones with CrammyBoy-level enhancement, EA/Maxis might as well let the idiots who support those sites take over.  I'd rather play Sims1 (which was awesome for its time) than put my hard earned money into commercial CC creators' pockets.

Any world created is a world alive. Nurture that world; cultivate it with imagination. Make it better than the world you live in. Then share it, and change your own world forever.
burgundyca

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 09:48:38 am »

Nowadays it's really hard to find an enjoyable game that appeals to both parents and children.
When I was growing up I didn't have the sims, the sims had just came out when I was already playing first-person shooting games; I was corrupted at an early age because hello kitty didn't suit my video-gaming needs.

The sims is great for families to agree on, the violence is minimum and sexual themes aren't as bad (I mean, they named it 'Woohoo' for crying out loud!). If the little 'uns couldn't play the game due to extreme nature then what's the point of making the sims? My 9 year old cousin plays the sims, why would I want her watching and instructing murder. Although I would really like a 'mature' rated Sims; it just won't work out.

I can guarantee that Maxis EA makes a good portion of their budget from the age range of 8- 16. It would probably take a lot of time and money to make one specifically aimed for adults. I don't know about you but I play the sims to make and control a virtual me with a virtual happy family. I don't play the sims to kill all my neighbors.

So we're all different and the sims is one of those games not filled with violence, murder, drug abuse, and alcoholism. Quite frankly; I like it. Perhaps in the future they will consider a mature rated "Sims," I highly doubt they will be taking the Sims away from so many people though.
StupidFriday

Glam As You

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 03:17:35 am »

A large number of people that have played sims have seen death first hand but what needs to be remebered is that sims is supposed to be an alternative to REAL LIFE.  Therefore I must say that I think the sims should be more realisic and include the darker side of life. If you dont like the idea dont take part in it!! You have full control of the game and you dont have to do anything evil if you dont want to (just like in real life you have a choice) BUT for those of us who do want evil sims we dont have a choice! Our sims must be good because we dont have an alternative option.

I leave you with some advice I once heard from a family member;
"Its not reality dont take petty little things like a video game so seriously!"

Ninja

:)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 09:32:53 am »

Stealing candy from babies is going to get really old, really fast. 

Babies shouldn't have candy anyways. The person stealing it is doing them a favour.

Doesn't TS3 continue to 'run' even when you're not playing it? So while you're away your evil sim might kill your favourite sim, and there's nothing you can do about it...

My signature is waaaaay better than your signature!
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 02:38:51 pm »

I want to know what happens when evil sims interact negtively with a sim in sims 3 like are the fights better and irriate options as well like slap and insult? Id like to know if they can also punch etc.. instead of poke slap and shove? does the upset sim actually shed tears?
ghettoblaster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 03:08:23 pm »

Agreed. Although, it's hard to know where do draw the line. I mean, when you play the University expansion pack, your college sims can't even consume alcohol (or yeah, they can, but if doesn't effect them in any way right?). So there are no drugs what so ever in the sims, and then all of a sudden there's murdering? I agree fully with you, though, but I can also spot the difficulties in making an adult version.

--<br />the world's got a nosebleed
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 07:18:38 am »

They should make a special adult expansion pack maybe with the features we want.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: