Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 12:05:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help fixing game issues...  (Read 1084 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Rheassi

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2008, 01:27:55 pm »

Last night I was trying to clean up my hardrive so I could install Civilization 4 for my son.. Somehow I apparently had 2 copies of The Sims 2 on 2 different drives on my computer and I deleted the wrong one!!

After my son went to bed I went to play and when I clicked on my AL icon I got a message that The Sims 2 was required and to install it.. I got my disks out and installed The Sims 2 base game again.. The game loaded fine after that however when I entered the hood I had been playing the ground and everything except the lots were all flashing.. I entered into a lot and had nothing flashing but it was ungodly laggy to the point I could not even move at all.. I could not alt tab and ended up having to shut my computer down..

Any suggestions? Do I need to just scrap everything and reinstall? I have The Sims 2 with all expansions and all stuff packs except for the Mansion one..

I can not wait to get my new computer cause I think this one hates me LOL.

Thanks,

Rheassi
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 07:32:30 pm »

Sounds like you need to uninstall BOTH copies of Sims 2 and then install just one. Don't delete - uninstall. The game needs to uninstall properly so that it cleans up the registry after itself. Deleting one of the installations probably caused at least some of the problems because it left behind duplicate registry entries, etc. Before installing again you'll probably need to go through the registry with some sort of registry cleaner to remove all traces of either of the game installations, too.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: