Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 08:26:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CC not working  (Read 3384 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
EVStofleth

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2008, 09:22:34 pm »

Well it's been months since ANY of my cc has worked. Everything was fine until one day when I backed up my game and reset my computer. I re-installed my game (and the back up files actually worked this time, yeah me!) re-installed my cc, meshes, CEP, and enabled everything. Nothing happened. The only cc that will show up is what is on sims that I had on my Sim page and re-downloaded. Anyone have any ideas? No one's been able to help me on the BBS so I'm hopping to get some answers here. And InSim is not working either. I use that to get Uni done fast and nothing comes up. Everything has been installed, enabled, and placed in my downloads folder. Any help would be much appreciated. Happy Simming!

Liz
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 09:27:38 pm »

Did you quit the game and start it up again? CC is not actually enabled until you fire up the game once, enable CC, then quit to the desktop and start the game again.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 09:58:14 pm »

Try going through the steps here:

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=7d903c302be7095669a2e575be38a1a3&topic=100447.msg1470961#msg1470961

Also, make sure the folder where you have your custom content (the .package files) installed in My Documents--EA Games--The Sims 2 is named Downloads -- with a capital D and with the s on the end.
EVStofleth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 02:14:24 pm »

Yup, I restarted the game as always to make sure the cc would be there, and the downloads folder is fine. I don't know whats wrong with it. It was working just fine until I reset my computer.
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 05:02:01 pm »

Are you placing your downloads with your most recent EP or SP installed?

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
EVStofleth

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 04:16:28 pm »

Yup, the only things I don't have installed are FFS and M&GS. Because I haven't replaced FF yet and have yet to get M&G.
dynasty

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 01:28:17 am »

here's what I did. It worked for me. I just copied my downloads folder to the desktop. deleted the one in the ea games folder. runned my game. exited the game again. placed the downloads folder where it belongs (ea games/sims2.. etc). runned the game again. and all of my cc appeared again Smiley good luck!!

Check my sims out!
EVStofleth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 11:29:54 pm »

Now that I haven't tried. I'll give it a go. Thanks!
Simsample

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 12:22:08 pm »

This may help too- also, run Bodyshop to generate a clean Downloads folder:
http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:GCCTSU

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose Freewill.
EVStofleth

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 12:22:19 am »

Well I've tried it all and nothing has worked. I've even un and re installed my game again. I guess me and cc are just not meant to be. Even InSim isn't working. I thought for sure it would. Thanks for the help and ideas every one. Happy New Years!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: