Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:11:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Problem With The Sims!*Helped*  (Read 1871 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sane Enough

Bipbadi Bopbadi Boo

View Profile WWW
« on: December 19, 2008, 01:54:09 am »

My sims game will not start. angry I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but I put all the files back. Was that wrong? I need my sims and downloads. I  really need my game!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 07:15:00 am by She Who Shall Not Be Named » Logged
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 03:06:09 am »

Have you tried deleting groups.cache? It can be found in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Nalia
イノセンスはつどう

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 04:07:13 am »

My sims game will not start. angry I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but I put all the files back. Was that wrong? I need my sims and downloads. I  really need my game!

Also: try to start your game without any custom content first and see if this solves the problem.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-- William Shakespeare, "Hamlet" (Act 2, scene 2)
"Yes, Sharing is caring, especially caring for the person you're sharing."  -- AxelVal
I said I Love Yuu not you --Nalia
My LiveJournal
gali

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 09:34:22 am »

Also: try to start your game without any custom content first and see if this solves the problem.

And:  Restart your computer before activating the game, in case it's a Securom problem. Securom is very sensitive to changes in the game folders, or any other folders (not connected to the game).
Sane Enough

Bipbadi Bopbadi Boo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 07:16:19 am »

Deleting the groups.cache worked! Why? What is it?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 08:14:06 am »

Groups.cache is a cache file intended to help your game load and function faster by caching certain pieces of data. However, it occasionally becomes corrupt or invalid, particularly if you remove a lot of stuff, and must be nuked. It is nonessential and the game will make a new one. In theory, it's even supposed to be helpful, but occasionally, it breaks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: