Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:54:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Add to Buddy List  (Read 4801 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tat2ddevilboy

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2008, 06:15:11 am »

What happened to this feature?  How can you make someone your buddy if there is no link in any profiles?  Or am I just missing something?

My stuff is okay to upload to any free site, as long as you give proper credit and link back to the page where you downloaded it.  Never, ever upload anything of mine to pay sites, or to The Exchange.  Thank you.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 01:02:08 pm »

I just went through my own profile and didn't see a Buddy List option, which leads me to assume that SMF doesn't have this feature or it is turned off at this time. Sorry!

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
BlueSoup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 02:48:37 pm »

SMF has it.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 03:08:42 pm »

Then why did you not point it out to where it could be found, since I did not find it when I searched the area in which I believed it to be? If you have the knowledge, kindly share it or keep quiet.

Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 03:11:32 pm »

I believe it just needs enabling, but as it's in a restricted area that admins don't have access to, there's only actually one person that could enable it

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
BlueSoup

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 03:36:00 pm »

Then why did you not point it out to where it could be found, since I did not find it when I searched the area in which I believed it to be? If you have the knowledge, kindly share it or keep quiet.

I was just saying that SMF does have the ability, contrary to your supposition that maybe it doesn't, which would mean it needs to be enabled.  As you are staff and I am not, you would be the person to get that sorted out if it was a feature you wanted.  So get your knickers out of a twist.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 03:49:50 pm »

Mine aren't in a twist. I stated that I could not find the option and Ali let you know that we do not have it at our disposal. You could have easily have mentioned where it is normally found, instead as coming off as the all knowing which you've seemed to be doing quite a bit lately.

Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 03:56:50 pm »

OK, I think we've established that at the moment the buddy feature is not available. I only knew it was available as I've recently been scouring the SMF website, but a little explanation about exactly WHERE it was to be found would have been much appreciated Smiley

It seems to be something that people enjoyed so we shall put it on the wish-list

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 09:05:34 pm »

Fixed now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: