Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 03:57:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestion about inbox situation  (Read 4539 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
~simaholic

Runaway Slave

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2008, 04:43:39 pm »

Hi there

I do understand that we have small inboxes, and would like to suggest that there could be a sticky thread where we can post reminders for fellow simmers that their inbox is full. I am trying to reach someone whom I did a request for but her inbox is full, which is making life hard for me, because I will be going away on holiday soon and I need to know if she is happy with her request. Would that be possible?
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 09:10:12 pm »

Heh. Honestly, people need to learn to clear their inboxes out. I actually agree with Pescado when it comes to limiting the sizes of inboxes. Mine gets cleared out after each message. If it's important, I just save a copy of it.

With that said, look into alternatives: email, IM, smoke signals, carrier pigeons, long-distance runners, etc. Tongue

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
~simaholic

Runaway Slave

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 09:35:51 pm »

LOL Jenna Cheesy I wish I could tell others to clean out there inboxes. I also clean mine out after every message Smiley Guess I will have to wait until 3rd January to find out if the person is happy or not Wink
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 09:51:48 pm »

Thank you very much for the tip jenna.

Pierre cool :kiss:

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 09:54:49 pm »

I say post her request. If she's happy, great. If she wants changes, you'll at least have a way to find out; provided she sees the thread Tongue

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
BlueSoup

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 05:23:08 pm »

It really sucks when someone sends you a PM asking you a question, and then you can't even reply to them Tongue
Inge Jones

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 04:09:55 am »

In some ways it might be less confusing (especially if there is no way of knowing if the recipient's mailbox accepted the PM) if PM facilities were simply withdrawn altogether and people put an alternative means of contact into their sigs or allowed their email address to be seen in their profiles?

SimLogical
Please do not PM me with questions about modding.  Please post in an appropriate forum and send me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 06:24:36 am »

It really sucks when someone sends you a PM asking you a question, and then you can't even reply to them Tongue
Obviously, they were not serious about the question, so just delete it and forget about it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: