Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:18:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: ~Katie's cuties [update September 13th 2013!]  (Read 114117 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: July 10, 2010, 02:10:50 pm »

Hehe  Wink Your little baby is sooo cute!

We'll see just how cute they are when I go back in game...  Undecided  rolleyes

Find me on moonlight <3
headcrab

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 10, 2010, 03:30:05 pm »

Your sims are so cute Katie
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: July 10, 2010, 03:47:01 pm »

Thank you!  Cheesy

Find me on moonlight <3
headcrab

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 10, 2010, 03:53:58 pm »

Katie what are your hobbies outside of the sims?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 10, 2010, 04:19:40 pm »

Katie what are your hobbies outside of the sims?

Irrelevant question having nothing to do with Katie's pictures is irrelevant.

Katie, feel free to not answer this out of nowhere and a slightly stalkerish question.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: July 10, 2010, 06:43:39 pm »

Um... that was weird.  rolleyes

I don't do much outside of sims...  tongue

That was a bit stalkerish...  Undecided

Find me on moonlight <3
headcrab

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 10, 2010, 06:50:57 pm »

sorry Katie.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: July 10, 2010, 06:54:57 pm »

That's alright, but let's not be stalkerish again... Kay?

Find me on moonlight <3
headcrab

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 10, 2010, 06:58:52 pm »

ok
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: July 10, 2010, 09:53:13 pm »

I prefer to call it stalktastic. It's a word! lol  I had to look up how to become a plantsim after looking at your pic's, already had the skins just never had a reason to use them until installing seasons. Did you 'make' them plantsims the hard way or easy way?

Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 10, 2010, 10:42:08 pm »

Eh, I prefer to call it a potentially bannable offense!

...I dislike the stalkerish types, although I do love the sound they make when I splatter them against a wall. Cheesy

Anyways, this warning serves as both a followup on Joy's post, and a product of my own boredom. Carry on!

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: July 11, 2010, 09:27:18 am »

Why... thank you Jenna, that was very interesting...

Happy, actually she's not a plantsim, she's an alien, it's just an alien skin I got from PT replacements on GOS. But if you put exsessive fertilizer on crops, sims can become plantsim that way. Or by using parsimonious' bottles that they drink that turn sims into things acording to the ep- seasons: plantsims, NL: vampires, pets: werewolves, ect...

Find me on moonlight <3
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: July 24, 2010, 09:50:46 am »

Double post!! I win!!  Grin

Mini story: part one... (to be named later...)

First, some cute ones of the children

Jordan is afraid of ghosts...

Really, really afraid.

This is Aidan, he has DMD just like Jordan

And his twin sister, Nadia (that's Aidan backwards XD )

Jordan is my favorite one, in case you can't tell:

ONWARD!

Several hours after Aidan had stopped breathing, his father had walked in. Noticing he wasn’t breathing, he called 911.
   His father, David, didn’t like this. Not at all. His wife was on bed rest in the hospital, his daughter was in for cancer, renal failure, and now- after a third time on chemo- a failing liver. And now his youngest son was going to need PLENTY of breathing help.
   “Yes, I’m positive he’s not breathing. No, no it’s not the heat. He has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy in a severe form. Yes I know when to call 911 with boys with Duchenne; I have two, maybe more on the way.  No, we can’t wait. Yes, thank you.”
   “Dad?” Jordan asked groggily, in the doorway. “Is something wrong?”
   “Er, well…” David sighed. “Aidan isn’t breathing.” He told Jordan.
   Jordan nodded, yawned, and then stumbled. He picked himself up, and went back to his room. The next time David saw him, he- along with his other two siblings- had been fully dressed, and Jordan had been in his wheelchair.
   Together, they had driven to the hospital, following the ambulance.

“We’re afraid that you’re son is much more high-risk than we thought. I don’t think it very safe to send him home…”
   “So, he’ll have to live here?” David asked.
   “I’m afraid so.”
   David nodded.

Aidan and Nadia were completely unaware of what anybody was talking about, or why they were all sad.

It didn’t take long for the twins to fall asleep. The older kids had not heard the news about Aidan living there. But still, they sat alone, moping.

David, unfortunately, was not paying attention as Jordan stared after Aidan. It appeared as though he was having a nightmare. Jordan thought waking him would be a good alternative to the dream, but before he’d had the chance, David told them the news.

“How could you?” Jordan screamed, wagging a finger at his parent.

With each protest from his father, Jordan got angrier. Tears began dripping from his eyes.

“He needs me! He needs you! He needs us! This is all your fault!” Jordan howled. By now, tears streamed down his cheeks

“He can’t live here! He’ll just die alone!” He screamed, not caring if he woke his brother up. His face was reddened and covered with tears. He turned away from his father.

“He wouldn’t want to live here.” He growled, as he wheeled himself across the room from his father.   

Somewhere in the hallway, in a fit of rage, Jordan ditched his wheelchair. He couldn’t really do very far without it, but he was too angry to care.  In a waiting room, he stomped his feet.

He was so angry with his father and the doctors that he wanted to push them all out of a two story window.

He jammed his fists into mid air, and screamed loudly.

The news of his brother actually had put him in pain.

He couldn’t help himself. He just sobbed and screamed.

He stamped his feet, and the metal brackets dug into his skin, and made him angrier.

The pain in his legs and the pain of the thought of loosing his brother made him dizzy.

He fell backwards.

From where he lay on the ground, no one could see him.

After several moments, a toddler and her older sister walked by.

She looked at him curiously. Then, his heart began to act up. He twisted in pain, unconscious.

The girl pushed her sister over to the doorway, and sat and held his head while he turned and twisted.

Once Jordan stopped writhing in pain, the girl ran to find a nurse.

She had tears falling down her face as she ran. Suddenly her dad stopped her.
   “Angie? What’s wrong?” He asked, trying to comfort her.
   “A boy, he’s… he’s… I think he might be dead. He was lying on the ground, and he was twisting, he looked like he was in a lot of pain. I tried to help, but then he stopped, so I came to find help.” Angie explained.

“He’s unconscious.” The doctor- Angie’s father- said. “Not dead.”
   Angie stood in the doorway, crying,

The doctor, and two nurses, tried to wake him, but there was no reaction.

Finally, they intubated him, and the doctor kept him alive.

Eventually, he awoke.

Realizing he couldn’t breathe, the doctor took out the tube, and put an oxygen mask on him.

The two nurses then tried to help him up, but to no avail.
   The nurse in the red scrubs left, and the doctor and the other nurse helped Jordan up.

He was almost up.

And then he fell.

It seemed as thought Jordan falling had scared the doctor.

He slowly and carefully helped Jordan up a second time.

Since he had fallen on his back, Jordan could not use the Gower maneuver, which was probably what was causing all of his difficulty getting up.

“Thank you.” Jordan told the doctor. “Um, can you go get my wheelchair? It’s red, it should be in the hall somewhere, and it’s really hard to get around without it.
   The doctor sat him on the bench.

After some time the doctor came back with Jordan’s wheelchair.

Jordan almost fell backwards just trying to get into it.

“What unit are you in?”
   “Well, I’m usually in the CCU or regular peds ward. But today I’m just visiting my little brother.”
   “I see, well I’d like you to come with me to the CCU then, make sure you’re alright. That looks like that hurt.”

Jordan wheeled himself down the hall, and the doctor followed.

While he was in the CCU, his sister- Annie - came to visit him.

He explained what had happened.

“Jordan, that was really stupid. You could have died.”
   “So?”

Eventually, they stopped arguing, and began talking.

…
   Jordan no longer needed breathing help, just had to take antibiotics through a nose tube- which he often did.

Upstairs, his family was concerned, but figured he’d gone to see Annie, and left it at that.

Would they be surprised that her room was empty?

….. to be continued…..

Find me on moonlight <3
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: July 24, 2010, 08:44:37 pm »

I do feel I have to give you some tips and corrections, Katie...  Undecided

First... if you come over a kid (or anyone, really) who isn't breathing, and you've got no idea for how long he has not been breathing, a lengthy 911 call before you do anything could turn out to be a stupid move. Tell them the kid isn't breathing, tell them where to come, and start doing something. If he needs "plenty of breathing help", he most likely needs it right now (remember the ABC's). Get help quick, and start helping the poor kid. If you haven't been breathing for several hours, you're most likely dead, since your heart stops within a very short time, and since your brain cells starts dying after about 5 minutes without oxygen. Hypothermia (lower than normal temperature) might preserve the brain for a while longer (the general rule after drowning in cold water/hypothermia is usually that "you're not dead until you're warm and dead") but in general 5 minutes or more without oxygen might be enough to cause severe brain damage.

Second... intubation usually only happens if the patient doesn't breathe on his own, or when there is great danger for stopping to breathe and you have to secure the airways, like under anesthetics. If the patient is unconscious but breathes on his own, there is no need for intubation - only need to secure airways, like the recovery position or with a few other tools. An oxygen mask is probably better in that situation.

Third... gower's sign is the maneuver kids with (especially) DMD use to get themselves up from the floor. On all fours, and then walk hands up their legs until they stand. Stamping their feet (with any force, anyway) might actually be more difficult than getting up from the floor - at least at that age, when walking and balancing on one leg is starting to get really difficult.

fourth... CCU is short for coronory/cardiac care unit (or variants of this). And how did the doctor know if his heart was the problem without actually checking it?

fifth... it's possible to breathe through an endotracheal tube (without a ventilator/bag). But it might be uncomfortable, especially while taking it out.

sixth... if a young girl comes over someone twisting in pain, it's more likely she would be afraid, and run straight to an adult to tell. Or simply stood watching. And I doubt she would have left her little sister.

And somehow I do have a feeling that a certain someone likes story twists, names, and probably also haircuts from my story a little too much... am I right? Wink

But I also have to say that you are getting much better at writing Wink

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: July 24, 2010, 09:18:54 pm »

As for twist, my sims mostly really just did things on their own that inspired me.  You've just covered almost every possible outcome.  Hair- oh yes. And as for names, well Aidan has always been one of my favorites... in fact, I used to have twin babydolls that were Aidan and Nadia (see why I used those?) Actually, my writing is really bad when it comes to sims... sometime I'll have to post my real writing, it's much more discriptive. But thanks!

(and to go with you're order:)
First...  Okay so he was breathing, just not enough... Tongue And it was a stupid move for the person on the other end really, asking stupid questions!

Second... he wasn't breathing on his own at first, really they had had to defib him as well, but I couldn't do pictures for that at all.... *fail*

Third... Exactly, he was being helped up the way a normal person would get up, so it was difficult- especially after collapsing. And as for the feet stamping, adrenaline is powerful Wink He was afraid for his brother's life.

Fourth... he did check it... but I don't have a stethescope, so I just left that out... then, when writing it (after doing pics! Backwardsss!) I forgot some *important* details...

Fifth... Well he was trying to breathe on his own, and was becoming panicky, so they went to oxygen mask (and let's pretend I have some source of oxygen nearby...)

Sixth.... this young girl is very brave- and he reminded her of her mother (erm... I can't remind what I decided was wrong with her...) and her sister, and she didn't want to leave him alone. And then when she knew he was safe she ran off... as for her sister, she wasn't really thinking straight.

Find me on moonlight <3
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23
  Print  

Jump to: