Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:59:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23
  Print  
Author Topic: ~Katie's cuties [update September 13th 2013!]  (Read 114101 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: July 25, 2010, 02:46:32 pm »

anybody ever watch mysterysciencetheater?  At the end of the shows theme song they say, "if you wonder how he eats or breathes or other science facts: just repeat to yourself its just a show I should really just relax"  I dug your story without the added info.  But I did learn some things by reading all the extra details. lol just giving you a hard time.  Club

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: July 25, 2010, 03:12:19 pm »

Er.... how did any of that relate to my mini story? Is the show name really one word?  huh

But thanks  Grin

Find me on moonlight <3
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: July 25, 2010, 05:49:35 pm »

You can write things even if you don't have a picture of it, Katie Wink. In fact, that's often better.

If you know something happens, but the reader doesn't know since you don't write it, then it might as well never have happened in the story. If you write "He is not breathing" then the reader thinks he's not breathing. If you write "He is barely breathing" or "he has troubles breathing" instead, then it makes much more sense.

I tend to re-write the text until I'm mostly happy with it, then take pictures, and then do the final editing to the text so that everything fits together. If there is an important part of the story that I struggle to do a picture for, then I either rewrite the part so it's easier, or simply don't put in a picture right there. 

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: July 25, 2010, 06:40:35 pm »

What are you talking about...? I never write off things I have a picture of? I suck at taking pictures. I write from my own thoughts. I've never written anything based off a picture.

I wrote it exactly as I meant it.

Anything I re-write is terrible. Really bad. I always stick with the first thing. I've tried to re-write things before and they turn out MUCH worse than the original.

Sample: Sitting by herself on the edge of the dock, Emily wondered wether today's events had been real. She rubbed her forhead, hoping for proof that nothing had happened. Shocked, a breath slid out quickly, making a soft noise. There was nothing there. Then, she turned to look behind her. She had been expecting her little brother to run and push her in. She had forgotten that he was dead. "I miss him." She told herself. She looked down in the water, and she noticed it was blood red. She jumped up, and her leg gave way. She fell in. The bandage that had been there previously wasn't there, she'd taken it off. Her leg was bleeding freely into the lake. She struggled against the waves. Her head slammed up and into the dock. Remembering that she had nothing and no one, she gave up. It wasn't until moments later that he found her. "Emily!" He shrieked. He jumped into the water and saw her plummeting into the depths. He grabbed her by the shoulders and shoved her toward the surface. "Luke!" She screamed, seeing him beside her. "Are you okay?" Luke asked her. "F-fine." She mumbled. Luke nodded, then hugged her with all his might as she cried.

Find me on moonlight <3
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: July 26, 2010, 02:24:18 am »

As all good writers say - writing is rewriting  Wink

There never would have been three movies called "Toy Story" if they had not re-written a big part of the plot in the first movie. If Toy Story had been scrapped, Pixar would most likely have had to shut down and probably never again made an animated movie. Did you know that?

I don't always rewrite everything, but I do look over a text at least twice, and often ten to even a hundred times (depending on whether I'm happy with the 2nd edition or if I'm still unhappy about something the 99th version). I treat the first edition as the basic idea. The editing I do is everything from minor grammar to write entirely new parts, or rewrite what I already have so that it sounds better.

If I had not rewritten LFB, it would have ended on around 20 chapters, and looked really crappy... Rewriting often gives me ideas, and several times I've ended up rewriting a couple of lines so that they form an entirely new chapter on several pages.

And I meant that you can write things even if you don't have a picture of it, or don't know how to do the picture. I do that once in a while, but since I have loads of pictures, no one notice  Wink

And I think that sample looks really good, actually.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:29:37 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: July 26, 2010, 09:43:23 am »

Oh, okay I get it now.

Well I haven't seen Toy Story 3, but I swear in the second one the cowgirl was supposed to like Woody...?

Well I'm glad you re-wrote... actually, in Ava I just re-wrote one scene that ended up making it longer than the original intent... But the way I had written about something was just not important enough...  but that's the first time I have really re-written something and liked it...

Sorry, I tend to be really stubborn.

And thank you  Grin

Find me on moonlight <3
rockhead
« Reply #291 on: July 26, 2010, 02:49:18 pm »

I am not a stalker and don't intend to be one ever. I apologize for every evil thing I have done over the past year or two.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 08:16:33 pm by rockhead » Logged
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: July 26, 2010, 07:29:16 pm »

Erm... stalker. I've never heard of that- and because you are being creepy, I'm not obligated to answer that.

Find me on moonlight <3
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 26, 2010, 10:34:16 pm »

*wipes the blood off her chainsaw and wanders off*

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: July 26, 2010, 11:12:34 pm »

Well thank you Jenna for whatever pai- I mean... whatever you did Smiley  Wink

Find me on moonlight <3
HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: July 27, 2010, 02:57:07 pm »

sorry OBretttterBO (I have to count the 't's to make sure I got them all) lol, wasn't really picking, I was encouraging the whole less is more.  Or atleast that was my intention.  I'm not well spoken without that whole pot of coffee in my system.  I liked your story truelly.   I have to keep telling myself it's not my sims, so its okay if their's become sick or die because mine are all safe. poor little things. Cry

Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: July 27, 2010, 09:03:33 pm »

Oh, okay, I get it now! Thanks. Hehehh!! None of mine are.... btw- there's a reason behind my lack of self-sim updates...  Lips Sealed

Find me on moonlight <3
IntotheRabbitHole

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 28, 2010, 02:23:46 am »

Wow! Awesome story. I feel so bad for all the sims as well as real people plagued with DMD.
I feel like I''ve missed so much while I've been away.....but I'm glad to be back. Cheesy
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: July 28, 2010, 09:38:55 am »

Glad to see you back around! And thanks!   Cheesy

Find me on moonlight <3
Katie
0BretttterB0

<3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: July 30, 2010, 05:05:22 pm »

The resident longneck dinosaur:

Daddy, and Aidan:

He’s the same sim I DL’d (heheh, Landon, he’s somewhere around here) to be my self-sim’s husband…. But I changed his lips to fit things better XD :

Aidan:

Nadia:

Mom:

Wow I suck at this…. Well she is now proclaimed no-name:

Um…. That other sister who I can’t remember the name of… :

Jordan, thinking, yo- sister- your crazy:

why?

They all make weird faces:

arguing:

Maybe it’s just the freckles… no, no, it’s the nose that I love. That’s why I always use Landon:

Ya see?

Climbing in:

I think Jordan is just the cutest thing:

Uh dude, where’s your bottom teeth?

Is it weird that 5/6 used or will use wheelchairs in their lives?

Jordan, Aidan, and Nadia J

Suppperdupppercute:

I just love them:

Helane’s eyes are just awesome:

Oh yeah, the two boys both have the same skintone as the mom…. I made it to have the two oxygen tube things, leg braces, and electrodes on toddlers and children… don’t remember about the baby. That’s my custom duchenne skin J

them:

Aidan & Nadia:

Wink

Suddenly, he can fly:

Find me on moonlight <3
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23
  Print  

Jump to: