Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 10:58:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Installing a New Expansion Pack?  (Read 2206 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« on: December 27, 2008, 10:10:10 pm »

I have Apartment Life, and I just got Bon Voyage. I have to have Apartment Life installed last, so I would have to uninstall AL and then install Bon Voyage and then reinstall AL.

I will lose everything whenever I uninstall AL, and I want to keep my neighborhoods, families, and everything else!
What can I do to not lose my family (moved in) and my other girl in college?

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
Simsample

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 10:52:23 pm »

No, you don't need to uninstall AL- the EPs do not need to be installed/ uninstalled in any particular order. You can just install BV, and the game will still run from the AL disc/ executable (unless you have Mansion and Garden stuff, which supersedes that EP).

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose Freewill.
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 12:17:00 am »

But with the inteen hack if I have Bon Voyage installed last, and I try to get the inteen for Bon Voyage, it will mess up because I also have AL installed.  huh

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
Simsample

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 10:07:26 pm »

You'll need all hacks for AL version. You are running from the AL executable, so are using the AL game version.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose Freewill.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 01:44:42 am »

Madi - you always use the hacks/CC for the expansion that is newest in terms of release order. Installation order does not matter in Sims 2, release order does. So you don't need to uninstall AL when installing BV. AL will still be your newest EP in terms of release order, so you would still use that executable to run the game and still use hacks for an AL version of the game.

It is always a good idea to make a backup of your game before installing a new EP or SP. Sometimes an installation goes badly and parts of the game will uninstall themselves. I've had new EPs auto-uninstall old ones, losing my hoods and CC in the process, without any input from me. So always do a backup first, regardless of whether you are planning on uninstalling anything or not.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: