Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:08:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Weekend Warriors Chronicles - **Piles of Bones - Part 3**  (Read 23334 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
rachel631

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2008, 06:44:04 am »

A good DM totally makes a game, but they're so hard to find. And sometimes you get one who makes his stories so impossibly difficult that you all die, which defeats the point. I remember my cousin putting level 1 characters against first a medusa (against the odds, they beat her), and then a dragon (against the odds, it failed it's save vs petrification and petrified against the medusa head). To be fair, that was so ridiculous I still laugh to this day...
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2008, 10:29:52 am »

Aw, thanks so much, Disco!

Steelguy - yep - ours did that and other things like it.  And it wasn't just the random encounter he would be rolling for, either - he just liked to make us sweat a little!

Rachel - we were lucky to have an awesome DM for our group.  But he got tired of being the DM and wanted to play.  Three of the other players tried to run the game - but it didn't go so well.  One of them did like yours - made the campaign ridiculously difficult, one got knots in her stomach everytime and had to quit because it was making her a nervous wreck.  The other was my ex-husband - who had a lot of good ideas, but tended to make some things too hard and some too easy, and just didn't have that DM 'air' about him - you know?  That ability to rule over all of as like a god, lol.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2008, 10:37:50 am »

Update!  Yay!  OK Clay is too cute and a dumb brute I just love him!  I agree with him on the albino treerats not being good eats!
The skeletons are so cool they are going require a special technique to fight...hmm..they need a dog  Where's Tim's dog?  Maybe he can give them a hand?

Love this!  update soon!

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
xTERRIx

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2008, 08:41:17 pm »

muahahaha! i've finally put together my elf-simmie! (plus my BFF XD)

My name is Lazuli. Yes, it's after the blue stone. I used to have a twin sister, but she went missing after my mother was murdered at our old home. I ran away, scared and unsure of what to do.

My best friend, Shae, found me camping in the woods. Unwilling to leave me alone, she too came with me into the mountains. Now we live as orphans, searching for answers to my family incident. What's with the big ears? We are elves. If we're lucky enough, you can be born with an unknown gift. Shae and I don't know yet if we have gifts, but doubt always comes by.

"Do you think," started Shae, "we could ask-"
I couldn't help but cut in, "NO! We don't even have any evidence that my mom was murdered. Much less that I have a twin sister that's gone missing. Astral won't care much, I've heard stories about her you know."
Shae sighed. She's always wanted to find a way out of our dreary life, and Astral's band was the only solution she could think of. "But they could really help us though."

Later on that day....

"I've been thinking about it." I cleared my throat so Shae could hear me better. "Maybe we COULD ask Astral about it. But only if we can find her." I began to play with my boot laces, wondering if I had said the right words. I could mentally picture a smile creeping across Shae's face.
"Great! I've heard they're in some village on an assignment with some skeletons. Let's ask around there to see if we can track them down." We both got up to head down the mountain, but all of a sudden I felt a chill rush through me.

Collapsing, my vision started to blur. Everything seemed lighter, a glowing feeling of some kind. I realized that I was entering a vision. My gift. I was about to enter, but then Shae turned around with a frightened look on her face.

"LAZULI!!!"

Everything went black.

lol, i just had to write a little ministory XD if you know your gemstones, you can probably guess what the name of Lazuli's sister is. i might put them up for download too, but i'll have to wait and see if i actually squeeze any extra time >.>

<signature removed due to size, please refer to forum rules>
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2008, 09:43:13 pm »

LOL, Vicki!  Bones would be able to rip those skeletons apart, wouldn't he?

2B - you're right about the blunt weapons being better against skeletons, but I'm not sure yet how picky I'm going to get about the details.  Claymore is definitely a noob - and he shows more of his lack of knowledge in the third part.  Thanks for your comments.  I was too hasty when I was thinking of pulling it.  I'll keep it here. Smiley

Terri -  :jaw:  Your elves are gorgeous!  And holy crap look at those beautiful pictures!  Dude, you seriously need to create a thread and start this story!  It has tons of potential.  And what a lovely writer you are.  I'm hooked already.  There will be more, right?:pray:

-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2008, 10:50:36 pm »

oh my xterrie your elves are so pretty I second that idea of you doing a story!

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2008, 12:35:39 pm »

Would her sister's name be Lapis?

xTERRIx

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2008, 10:33:55 pm »

Astral: well, i did enjoy putting the pics together. maybe i will start a story, the chapter updates would be slow though. but maybe Wink

vicky: thanks! i love using Enayla's skins and eyes, all of my elves' skins are by her

Astral *again*: BINGO! WE HAVE A WINNER! :happy2: Lapis Lazuli is one of my mom's favorite stones, and i guess she just passed it down to me :shh:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 10:36:43 pm by xTERRIx » Logged

xTERRIx

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2008, 05:27:26 pm »

ack, double post! but i can't help it, it's a "heads-up":

i can't upload my simmies or start the story, my computer just crashed Sad

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2008, 10:32:12 pm »

I'm sorry to hear about your computer, Terri. 

Alright, I'm lazy.  My new chapter is 83 pictures long, and I just don't want to post them all.  It took me two days to get this chapter completed and posted to my blog.  So if you'd like to follow this story, feel free to read it on my blog and leave comments either there or here - your preference.  I value your support, and am thrilled for those who want to read (even without commenting).

The Weekend Warriors Chronicles - Piles of Bones - Chapter 3

http://ragtagmisfits.blogspot.com/2008/12/weekend-warriors-chronicles-piles-of.html

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2008, 05:52:58 pm »

Thank you, 2B.  Just trying to simplify my life a little bit.  I've been way burned out lately.  Thanks for your comments!

Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2008, 04:36:33 pm »

Great stuff, as usual.

Veering off-topic: I can relate somewhat to the burned-out feeling.
Work on various stories and books of mine (Some of which, for the fans at home, have been on the drawing boards for 2+ years.) leave me with a very similar feeling.

Veering really off-topic: This story (and the following comments) recently gave me ideas for (one more) story idea.
Basically, it's a small group of friends playing D&D, and the story itself will most likely be an account of their overall game experience, both in-character and out.
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2008, 09:44:59 pm »

Thanks, RJ!

I sooo hear ya!  I, also, have a novel set aside just collecting dust.  My New Year's Resolution is to edit/polish/and try to submit it.  I just started working on it yesterday, and was dismayed to find out I actually wrote it 3 years ago!

Your new story idea sounds interesting.  I'm glad I inspired you. Cheesy  Will this be a sims story?

Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2009, 08:53:57 am »

It is gonna be a Sims story. Now to pencil it in for posting sometime after I get a title for my 1st project (My 2+ year Chinese Democracy) and a few chapters of it are up here.

On the book topic, I have quite a few of them in the planning stages. Their content is something I'm not at liberty to discuss here.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: