Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 09:51:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Confusing Townie/Community Lot Greeting Problem. Please help!  (Read 2221 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dunner

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2008, 08:05:08 am »

Okay, I just received Apartment Life during Christmas and I'm just now having a chance to really play a lot with it.

The thing is, when I take my sims to a community lot now, there will be a random townie (not just the new social group sims either) who will walk up and it will have the queue 'Be Greeted'. However, they don't do any of the new greetings... they shake my active sim's hand just like I was greeting them on a residential lot!

After that, no other Townies will stay on the community lot! They'll walk past, one by one, and if I click them, it says 'Greet (whoever)' and 'Greet With...'. That's it; I can't interact with the Townies unless I greet them first! If I don't they'll just walk on past and leave the lot, as if it were a residential lot instead of a community one.

I've downloaded/installed the up-to-date AL patch (number 2?), and sadly, I did this BEFORE I played, so I wonder if it's something related to the patch.

I removed EVERY SINGLE THING from my Downloads folder; all hacks, objects, clothes, etc. I deleted the Accessory.cache and the Groups.cache. I even created a brand new neighborhood as a test to make sure my normal neighborhood isn't corrupted... Nothing is fixing this problem! Sad

I'm completely at a loss at the moment. This pretty much ruins the game for me until I can figure out how to fix this.

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Dunner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 09:32:09 pm »

Normally, I wouldn't have replied to my own thread like this (especially so soon), but I was reading through some posts over at the official forums...

Supposedly, this is some kind of new 'feature' that EA has implemented, meaning they're doing this 'greet'/'be greeted' crap on purpose.

Why in the heck would EA do something like this!? They've completely crippled the community lots in the game now.

I found out if I install Pescado's 'interactwithoutgreeting' hack that it'll override most of the problem, but this is still inexcusable on EA's part. I really hope they address this junk in a future patch.

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Simsample

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 10:11:36 pm »

Yes, this is a feature- it is to do with the social groups, each group has a different greeting. It was improved slightly with the patch- before that I had to greet every customer in an owned business before I could do a sales talk to them. They do also greet each other automotively.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose Freewill.
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 08:39:40 pm »

Wow, never knew that problem cause I always play with Pes 'interactwogreet'. Thanks for letting us know, maybe I can help someone else with that problem.

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: