Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:38:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I REALLY NEED HELP!!!  (Read 1425 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
deatre

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2008, 03:08:39 pm »

Okay here is the problem:
You know when you like save the game, and the mouse turns all around, well in my game, I don't even have to save, and the mouse turns and the screen turns blue. It stops, and then it does that.

I have to walk away from the computer and then it comes back. It just recently done that. When it does that I leave the house, and go to the neighbor hood screen and try to save and it does the same thing. Then I'm forced to turn the computer off and start over. And it doesn't save.

Sorry its long, I just don't know how to explain it.
tylersada

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 06:41:59 pm »

I'm not certain but I think what you are talking about is what I call clocking and the blue screen of death.  There can be a few reasons for this. I'm not a guru, probably Ancient Highway would be the one to help you on this.  A couple of things you could try are making sure all of your drivers are updated and make sure you don't have any hacks crashing the game.

Sims Mommy
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 07:09:12 pm »

ugh ... the blue screen of death.

Do you have an nVidia graphics card?

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Simsample

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 10:18:07 pm »

Could be to do with your graphics drivers- try some different drivers (newest aren't necessarily best for The Sims 2). There was a spate of bluescreen problems with NVidia cards, improved by later drivers but some people seem to still have the issue. It seems to be caused by a memory bottleneck- the graphics card is forced to dump memory. When I had the issue I found the only cure was more RAM, although many have solved it by using different drivers and making sure chipset drivers and Directx are up to date.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose Freewill.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: