Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 08:13:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible to Download Pre-sorted Collections?  (Read 1327 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Crystallyne

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2008, 02:17:19 am »

Hey all,

I've been wondering...  Is it possible to download custom decor for homes that is already organized into a collection by the creator?  I hope that makes sense.  Basically I've seen a few downloads out there for matching sets of decor (wallpaper, floors, windows, furniture, etc), but I have yet to find a set that comes already placed into a "collection".  Then in order to find all the matching pieces all I'd need to do is click on the collection in the build or buy mode and find all the pieces made by that creator.  So that's lead me to wonder, IS it possible to download a set already placed into a collection?  Or do I have to do this myself?

I'd love to have that feature already in place when I download a set.  If it IS possible, does anyone know of a good place to get some sets like that?  Any good creators out there who take the time to put their sets together in a collection and offer for downloads?

And yeah, I know it's pretty easy to do this myself.  But I'm more likely to miss pieces and parts then the creator would...
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 04:30:46 am »

Yes, there are places (many of them) which offer items either individually or as collections. 4esf comes to mind as one example:

http://www.4eversimfantasy.net/index.htm

There are, as mentioned, many other sites which have similar offerings. Perhaps others here will provide further links.

Keep in mind that the items go into your Downloads folder as per usual, but the actual collection file (plus any accompanying image file for the collection)  goes into your Collections folder.
Crystallyne

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 04:39:10 am »

Keep in mind that the items go into your Downloads folder as per usual, but the actual collection file (plus any accompanying image file for the collection)  goes into your Collections folder.

Oooohhh that's VERY good to know!!  Maybe that's why I've not seen them, and perhaps I have downloaded some in the past, but didn't know that I had to take that extra step!  I've never even heard that mentioned before, so THANK YOU!  ^_^

And awesome website, I'm going to check it out now!  XD  I debated posting this question in the WCIF forum, but as I wasn't even sure it was a possible feature, I posted here instead.  Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: