Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 07:52:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Couple of Freetime issues  (Read 6894 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Leamhanach

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2009, 01:29:32 pm »

Ever since I installed freetime I have been having a couple of issues that I'm needing some help with.

I have a couple of lots in my custom community that almost look like they are flooded. The grass is all gone and they have what looks like water all over them. This issue is not limited to just custom lots but some of the maxis lots I use as well. 

I'm also having an issue with a couple of my sim family's. It seems that for some reason when they together the only actions that I can select for them to do is flirt, hug & ask. When I first installed freetime I wasn't having this issue until after one time when the game crashed on me and ever since then this issue cropped up, but it's only limited to these two family's

this last issue just started and it involves two of my adult female sims. After they are done eating they won't take their dishes to the sink to wash them and when I go to click on the plate to have them do it, it's not letting me.

If it helps any I have all of the EP's except for apartment life and I have the kitchen and bath stuff pack

Thanks in advance

Simsample

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 09:21:03 pm »

For both issues, backup and then test with your Downloads folder removed. It could be that you have outdated CC. For the water problem, it could be to do with a missing terrain paint if it is flashing blue- or else perhaps an issue with basement lots on low lying terrain. The family issues almost certainly are caused by CC. Also, turn on debug mode to see if you are getting any errors.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose Freewill.
Leamhanach

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 10:04:53 am »

Thanks Simsample... Now this may sound kind of stupid, but how do I turn debug mode on?
Simsample

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 12:58:36 pm »

boolprop testingcheatsenabled true. If you get an error you'll get a pop up saying 'error- file saved in Documents\ EA Games\ The Sims 2\ Logs\ xxxx'. Take a note of that number then click cancel, and exit the game without saving. Then go to Documents\ EA Games\ The Sims 2\ Logs\ and find the file you made a note of. Attach that to your post so that we can look at it. Smiley

Leamhanach

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 01:51:15 pm »

Thanks again Simsample... Attached you will find the error log for the first one it came up with.

* ObjectError_N004_t1988656.txt (187.77 KB - downloaded 565 times.)
Simsample

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 12:25:39 pm »

Wow, that's a wierd error- the TV is trying to see who it is attracted to and a whole bunch of other strange stuff. I reckon you should do a binary search- it looks like you've got something conflicting or maybe an old version of something.

Simsample

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 08:36:32 pm »

There's a servo controller plus a whole load of sex stuff in there I don't even want to think about!  Cheesy There are lots of aspects of the game being overridden, the error log may make more sense if there is a motive replenishing object there somewhere.

Leamhanach

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 06:46:13 am »

The only tv mods that I have/had are the DIY channel and the Adult TV channel. I thought I had removed everything that I had to do with the adult tv channel when I upgraded to freetime as they are not compatible with each other. Maybe I missed something, I don't know. I also have had the free Rejuvenator download from over at simslice ever since I first started getting into adding custom stuff for the game.
What has me stumped, is the fact that I only have this problem with two of my sims. It would seem to me, that if this was a major conflict that it would be rearing it's ugly head everywhere and not just in this isolated spot. Or am I incorrect in thinking that?
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 10:56:35 am »

do you have a robot on the lot?  also you have a lot of sex-related mods in your game, and it is quite possible there is some conflict between them. If you remove your downloads folder to the desktop, go back into your game, do you still have this problem?  You will need to add back your hacks & hacked objects a couple at time to pinpoint what the problem one or ones are.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 11:03:39 am by amc462000 » Logged
Leamhanach

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 10:48:10 am »

Thanks AMC... To answer your question, yes I have a cleaning robot on the lot.. I removed my downloads folder yesterday and did not have any issues other then the sims in question did not have an aspiration. Looks like I'm going to have to start gutting my downloads and start from scratch. Just what I was not wanting to do! GD game!!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: