Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 01:58:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: This site is very hard to find  (Read 9278 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
wistful shadow

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2009, 09:28:48 pm »

Ok,
So as you all know the insimenator is a very sought after program/website.
While looking for just the website on google, you get thousands of hacks and mod results.
All of which have nothing to do with what you want.
So what im trying to say is that it would be helpful if the site was better known as .insimenator.org instead of .insimenator.net.
Even me who knew the website was now .org but not knowing the actual address, found it hard to locate.

I know many of you dont see the point in making more affiliates or advertising, since you already have the site but think of the newbies that hear of a great site where they can download the best sims content and they cant find it.

If there are easy, free ways to advertise this site I think it should be done as it would be helpful to all who use it and also bring new content to the insimenator.

Thanks for your time and if you have any constructive critism then I would love to hear it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 09:38:49 pm »

We're already the top result if you google "insimenator".
wistful shadow

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 03:00:07 am »

well I found the site hard to find when typing in insimenator.org plus that result doesnt look too good with just IS as the title I would not have thought that was the site.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 04:50:30 am »

the IS was used when we first got the site up and running and because of the knee-jerk reaction that no-one wanted to be associated with the name insimenator!

I think the IS can be changed though if it makes it easier to find

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 05:04:15 pm »

...or change it to 'IS IS INSIM' to really confuse hell out of people. Tongue

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Shonie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 05:04:37 pm »

Kind of like the IS myself.  Not like the actual mod will be updated, or is supported here.  Farther away from it's creator, the better in my book. PFFT2
wistful shadow

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 05:43:19 pm »

yer I dont know....
Naming a mod after a site or viseversa is a strange thing to do in my opinion
Maybe Insim be better as Jenna sort of suggested.
At least that name sounds like a sim content site

Kind of like the IS myself.  Not like the actual mod will be updated, or is supported here.  Farther away from it's creator, the better in my book. PFFT2
Yes fair enough the site doesnt want to be associtated with the insimenator but by trying not to be like it the site has effectivly made the insimentaor and itself like one thing.
 PFFT2

I know its a hard call as far as naming the site goes but I dont think IS is a good name for such a nice site.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 06:14:30 pm »

Neither did most of the staff, but we kind of got overruled by the one that has our data base. Among others.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 11:17:01 am »

Yeah, well, none of you were reaching any kind of useful consensus. Tongue Besides, with TS2 itself being a finished product, the Insimenator may as well be considered finished, too. Perhaps it will be revisited in TS3. With the original Insim apparently utterly kaput, we seem to be it.
akatonbo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 08:32:37 am »

well I found the site hard to find when typing in insimenator.org plus that result doesnt look too good with just IS as the title I would not have thought that was the site.

Google is for finding websites that you don't know the address of. If you do know the address (which, if you were Googling 'insimenator.org' and not 'insimenator', you do), you use the address bar, not a search engine.
xsweetruinx

your the one who walks right through me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 03:52:14 pm »

Ok it's very easy to find this site. All you do is type insimenator.org into your address bar and click go.
And poof you're here. It's really not that hard to find if you know the address.

wistful shadow

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 12:31:26 am »

I undersand how to use google and I do know the address but if you read all of my main post you would have read that lots of new people DONT know the addy which in turn makes the site hard to find!

If you are going to comment read the whole post
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 12:45:55 am »

wistful,

Most new people will have probably visited other sites, heard mention of the InSim, and be directed to the new addy. InSimenator.org has been spammed across the whole of the Sims community, and one way or another, they'll find their way here. Those that have a shred of common sense will also simply GOOGLE it. Poof. 

Granted, there will always be a percentage of new users who will never be able to find it, but...so be it.

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 01:58:43 am »

That does remind me of something, though. Do we have a site button yet so people can put them up for users that want to visit us and join?

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 02:02:37 am »

Y'know, I don't think we do; and that is something we should have. Maybe we could roll that into the upcoming banner design contest? Or maybe someone could just whip something up real quick, and we could vote on our favorite?

(Hell, I could do something myself this weekend)

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: