Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:00:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No autonomous outside 'Cuddle' & 'Cuddle Under Stars'  (Read 5872 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dunner

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2009, 07:57:52 am »

Okay, two little requests here, if at all possible.

First of all, from Apartment Life, I really dislike the outside 'Cuddle' and 'Cuddle Under Stars' actions. I mean, I do like them, but not when my sims do it autonomously... over and over and over. angry At any given moment that my sims aren't queued up with something, they're lying on the sidewalk together! It's annoying.

And, the other thing is the stupid, new animation that Mansion & Garden has added; where the sims will place their hand over their eyes in a salute-like motion to shield them from the sun. Not only is this a pointless animation to add so late into the Sims 2 series, but it's terrible.

Not only do they shield their eyes every single time they go outside, it looks even more horrible whenever they have something in their hands! This "shield eyes" animation just needs to be removed completely.

-----

EDIT: Thanks very much to Chaavik for letting us know that TJ at Simbology has created a mod to stop the 'Shield Eyes' animation from M&G... It's working great! Rock
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 07:43:51 pm by Dunner » Logged

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
liverbird

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 11:03:18 am »

I agree with the shield eyes request, but the cuddle part I like but what I don't undersatnd is why they go out the front when they have a perfectly good garden out the back to cuddle under cloud or stars, mine never auto do it since I installed M&G they should be able tolook for shooting stars while doing this activity too...

Signature images may not be larger than 250 x 50. Keep them restricted to this size or smaller.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 03:08:19 pm »

The Shield Eyes behavior is annoying, I agree. I have yet found anything like that to nuke. I am still looking and digging deeper into the game code to find this annoying little piece .. well to nuke anyways!

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Dunner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 08:03:25 pm »

Thanks very much. If it wasn't for you & Squinge, we'd all go crazy! Grin

I know absolutely nothing about digging through the game coding... I'm lucky that I've got enough sense to learn how to hide/reveal EA's clothing, hair, etc.  lol

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Llial

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 08:08:51 am »

AL and M&G.

I do like to have the cuddle under stars and under clouds nonauto. It really annoyes me to see my stupid sims laying on the sidewalk and not in the garden. angry

Please can you dig for this codes too?
Celestra

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 01:14:10 am »

I add my pleading to the no shield eyes mod it annoys me when my sims slap themselves in the face with a bag of garbage etc as they leave the house

:wav: Ok so i cant design anything worthwhile .But i can sure as hell download custom content as fast as the next person:slap:
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 06:48:25 am »

There is a tentative mod in testing over at Simbology where TJ discovered the problem while we were having a discussion about that particular behavior from MG. Right now, he gave us the test mod to play with. The new mod looks promising. And if it really nukes that shield the eye behavior, then he will do it either today or tomorrow.

Check back for further info. Won't be much longer before he publicly releases that mod.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Dunner

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 04:52:05 am »

I'm keeping an eye on this thread and I looked around Simbology as well, but I don't see the mod yet. I'm still waiting patiently though... no biggie. Grin

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 03:38:59 pm »

I've sent word to TJ to remind him about his test mod sitting in my thread at Simbology and wanted to know when HE will be releasing the test mod for public use. When he does remember to release the mod, I will post the link here for anyone to grab it at Simbology.

Dancing Squirrels
Dunner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 09:49:08 pm »

You mean ol' TJ forgot about it himself? That's hilarious... DOH

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 04:49:14 pm »

Grin

He had the test mod sitting in my thread. I reminded him that if the mod works fine without any issue, then he should give it a proper home. And today, he did.

You can grab No Shade Eye Salutep from Simbology. This mod nukes about 4 or 5 anims that are involved with Sims exiting the homes through the doors. The annoying salute is definitely nuked.

The mod is only for Mansion&Garden and not backwards compatible with earlier EPs.

As for the cuddling, you can cancel the sleep action on one Sim to get that Sim up sooner than the other for now.

Dancing Squirrels
Dunner

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 06:23:24 pm »

Thanks very much for the mod link.

As for the cuddling... I don't mean where the sims are lying in bed and snuggle before they get up. What I mean, is the new 'Cuddle' and 'Cuddle Under Stars' option that they perform outside. Basically, the two sims will go out into the yard and lie down together to watch the clouds and what-not.

The problem with this is that they do it way too frequently. And, it isn't programmed the best on EA's part, because most of the time, my sims will choose to lie on the sidewalk right beside the driveway as opposed to the grass, like they're supposed to.

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Dunner

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 07:46:14 pm »

I cleaned up the topic post and edited the name of the thread so it makes a little more sense now. If you guys can still help to make the outside options to 'Cuddle' and 'Cuddle Under Stars' as non-autonomous, I'd be extremely happy. Hug2

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 05:06:35 pm »

No Autonomous Cuddle Under Stars

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: