Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 09:30:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Residential Loading...?  (Read 1238 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
twinklelilstar

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2009, 12:22:12 am »

Hello everyone! I'm having a problem with loading my Sims residential stuff. My game will start up nicely and it displays the 'Custom Content' at the main menu. I'll go into a neighborhood, and click a house. The 'Loading The ___ Family' screen pops up and all the bars light up across the screen, the the bars are cleared (You know how it has a light go back across?) Then my problem starts. The hour glass will appear on screen and just sits there on the loading screen turning upside down and everything it does.

However, if I move a family into a home, 95% of the time it will load the family. It's just after I would leave that house and go back to it.

I have CC downloaded, 125 items. I have Insim, and Inteen. I have deleted the Cache thing, and I'm 95% sure none of my downloads are causing problems...I have only downloaded from here and MTS2. I also have AL installed, and no stuff packs or other EP.

Thanks in advance!!!

Basically, how do I fix this?

"You said forever, who knew forever was so short?"

Anju's story
Sim Pictures!

rwills

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 05:55:22 am »

Temporarily move your Downloads folder to someplace else on your computer.

Then launch the game and see if the problem goes away.

If it does, then there is something in your Downloads folder in conflict or else incompatible with your installed game(s).

If you have ever downloaded any custom lots, it is possible one or more of them included (and installed) some questionable cc or a hack which you were not aware of.

Time consuming, but tried and true method for ferreting out problem file(s) in Downloads folder is the 50 per cent method:

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method
twinklelilstar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 06:33:13 pm »

Thanks!! Sorry it took so long to reply.... This worked, though, it didn't take me as long as I thought it would. Strangely, it was a clothing mesh. I just thought it'd be something different, anyway, thanks again!!

"You said forever, who knew forever was so short?"

Anju's story
Sim Pictures!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: