Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:09:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bodyshop help!  (Read 2988 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
killacammy

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2009, 12:01:47 pm »

im not sure what is wrong with my bodyshop... when my sister opens it on her computer, it has all her downloads available, whereas mine has no custom content and i have a lot of downloads.
my downloads are kept in:

D:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\downloads

and bodyshop is located at:

D:\My Documents\EA Games\Sims 2 Body Shop

huh
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 01:23:14 pm »

First thing I can see is downloads is spelled wrong. It needs a capital D like this" Downloads", another thing is do you have the CEP installed and custom content enabled?
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 05:52:32 pm »

Make sure your using the BS that came with your most recent EP/SP.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
killacammy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 11:46:29 am »

Alasdair;
i double checked and the downloads folder IS spelled with a capital D. and i do have the CEP installed and i enable the downloads in my game if thats what you meant.. but it wont work.

Decora
;
i tried opening body shop by going to:

start menu, all programs, ea games, the sims 2 bon voyage, the sims 2 body shop
(as bon voyage is my latest EP/SP)

and it didnt load up.. took about 15 minutes to get to the BS window, then it came up with a confirmation error about something to do with EA, then i clicked ok and i was waiting about half an hour and then it locked up..

so i got into body shop via;
start menu, all programs, ea games, the sims 2 body shop, the sims 2 body shop.exe

and it loaded within seconds but without any custom content!
do you think the first way i got into it has something to do with the amount of custom content i have or computer memory? (but i didnt think memory would have been a problem as it is okay with running the sims 2 with custom content and 4 EP/SP's and 1 stuff pack)

Undecided

Simsample

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 09:04:57 pm »

Try the 'Bodyshop trick' to generate a clean Downloads folder. Cut and paste your existing Downloads folder to the desktop. Run Bodyshop from the Bon Voyage start menu, as you did before. This should cause a fresh Downloads folder to be generated. Exit Bodyshop, cut and paste your Downloads from the old folder to the new one. Run Bodyshop again to see if it works.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose Freewill.
Ninja

:)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 06:29:11 am »

I thought that the downloads folder was part of the installed files that HAD to be on the C drive?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

My signature is waaaaay better than your signature!
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 07:36:02 am »

I thought that the downloads folder was part of the installed files that HAD to be on the C drive?
Correct me if I'm wrong.
The Downloads folder doesn't get generated until you run Bodyshop or until you make a Downloads folder yourself. It is not required and it is not a game-generated folder (unless you want to call BS part of the game, but it's kind of semi-separate since it's possible to get a pre-release version of it separate to the game).

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
killacammy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 12:24:50 pm »

yayy its working!! thanks to everyone who replied.. thanks simsample, the bodyshop trick worked!  Dance YAY
Simsample

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2009, 08:26:48 pm »

Well done killacammy!
Taylah, the only requirement for the Downloads folder (and all of the userdata files) is that they are in the documents folder. Of course, the documents folder can be located wherever you wish it to be- on a local drive, network drive or removable drive.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose Freewill.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: