Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 11:51:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Making elder go back to being adult  (Read 6833 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2009, 06:37:50 pm »

Hello, elderly newbie here.  I have honestly spent hours reading messages, searching topics, posts and instructions.  I am caving now to ask for help.  My game is Sims 2 Double Deluxe.  I have a favorite Sim I let become an elder before I found out that could be prevented by using "aging off" cheat.  I have also discovered the Elixir of Life.  Many of the references and abreviations used are confusing for I am not around other computer users and most of what I know is self-taught or I have stumbled upon it.  I have read that I need to download the InSimenator.  I thought this site was the InSimenator.  So, is it possible to make and elder turn back the clock to become an adult again?
Thanks for any help or advice, Nonni

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 07:09:20 pm »

This is what is left of the old InSimenator site. It is still available here but not supported. Well the last version was but what expansion packs do you have installed that will help with getting you to the right version or the tight alternative.
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 11:21:21 pm »

Hi! Alasdair, when I bought my game the box says it includes the Sims 2 Nightlife and Sims 2 Celebration Stuff.  Is that what you were asking?  Btw, thanks for responding.
Nonni

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 02:11:29 am »

I don't know about the double deluxe, but there is a cheat you can use "agesimscheat" [on/off] that came with NightLife. When you turn it on, and click on the sim, there are choices to make them whatever stage of life you want.

I use The Sim Blender that has aging options in it. You may have to check if it is backwards compatible with Night Life or do you need to have other EP's. I have all EPs so I don't know about just having Night Life or will it work with double deluxe.  cool

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 06:57:32 pm »

Showing my ignorance again, but how do you use The Sim Blender?
Nonni

EVStofleth

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 10:50:22 pm »

Oh the code you need to use is "AgeSimsCheat on" remember it goes in the cheat box and you can get that by using Ctrl Shift C  Cheesy
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 11:05:27 pm »

The extracted Holy Grail from Castaways on More Awesome Than You will do this.
LibraryGuy

Blithely ignoring all warning signs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 11:50:41 pm »

Simple way (I had the same problem once, and my 12 year old showed me this): Press Ctrl+Shift+C. That will open up the cheat box on the top of the screen (this is where you type in all the cool cheats). Type in Agesimscheat on (make sure there's a space between the two words). Then left click on the elderly sim and you should get some options for ages.
Hope this helps.

"Golly Cap'n, he loves you like peaches!" Miranda, "The Adventures of Lyssa And the Pyrates,"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 12:19:17 am »

Don't agesimscheat for serious play. Agesimscheat does not properly set all aging attributes, so it should only be used for aging previews or movies, not for playing games.
EVStofleth

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 02:08:54 am »

Oh, I didn't know that. What does it do to make things go wonky? I know in my game it gives the memory of "Grew Up Well" even though they were aged down... never got that...
LibraryGuy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 12:47:15 pm »

Ah, Pescado sensai, thank you for that. I've only used the one time, and consider it a last-ditch measure. I'll definitely stay away from it (I usually just maipulate my sims' ages via SimPE).

On a side note, thank you for all your work in making the new IS!

"Golly Cap'n, he loves you like peaches!" Miranda, "The Adventures of Lyssa And the Pyrates,"
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 04:35:36 pm »

Hello, J. M. Pescado!  You seem to have a sense of humor about yourself.  Are you the "Great and Powerful OZ" of this site?  If so I bow to your Mastery.  But I still might peek behind the curtain because I play for fun. However, I have frightened my children occasionally with the intensity with which I Play.  It's all 'hau hau' right?  (I just learned that phrase from the movie "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor", it is also the name of a market where I shop in Seattle.)
Nonni
PS.  This is a fun site.

LibraryGuy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 10:33:53 pm »

Hey nonni nonni, I live near Seattle. Where's "hau hau?"

Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 11:41:53 pm »

Thanks to all who tried to help and guide me.  XXXOOO
Nonni

Scruff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 12:09:27 pm »

If you have the Insimenator,you can spawn the temporal adjuster and set a Sim's age to whatever life stage you wish.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: