Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:34:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Phone Problem.  (Read 3835 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2009, 03:44:04 pm »

I'm always having problems! Geez!

Anyways, I'm having problems with the phones. Whenever I'm loading a fam., an error pops up about the phone, on the loading page?

So, I just deleted it since reset wouldn't help. So once it loaded, I clicked on the phone. the menu came up, but with an error following it. I clicked delete and it didn't delete the phone, but the error still pops up whenever I click on the phone. I went to buy mode and clicked on the phone in the buy mode, another error. What's it doing?!

What can I do?
Please help and Thank You if you do.  :kiss:

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
firerayne

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 04:02:04 pm »

It sounds like you have either a hack to change phone behaviour or a custom phone installed the game doesn't like, try removing the phones or hack and try with maxis ones you can add them a bit at a time to find the incompatible one, if it heps it's usually one with a file called line controller
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 04:06:35 pm »

I just deleted all of my phone files in my downloads folder. I'll go try out the game now.

Thanks!

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 08:58:53 pm »

Hmph. Still is doing the same thing. What should I do now?

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 11:15:56 pm »

Call the phone company and complain? Tongue

Is this happening with specific lots or on all of your lots? Also, double check to ensure you don't have a stray phone hack laying around in your downloads folder. Can't count how many times I thought I had removed all traces of certain hacks, only to find a straggler laying about elsewhere. Hah.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 03:02:54 pm »

Hmph. All lots. I just cleared out my downloads folder because I couldn't fix it no matter what I did, and another problem was that my lots wouldn't load. The game is fixed now that I cleaned out my downloads folder, but it's going to take FOREVER to get it all back. Tongue

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
violetlass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 11:03:30 pm »

Get Delphny's Download Organiser from MTS.
When it loads enter "phone" in the search bar. The delete all the phone hacks frome there. I will check to see if my old post has the exact file name. I had the same problem before.

Here are the 2 hacks I found that has the phone error. Search in your downloads for thes two files.

d1cb0b87b2e68b6d11643cefaa10e076_0002
or
d1cb0b87b2e68b6d11643cefaa10e076_0001
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 11:25:13 pm by violetlass » Logged

Friends help you move; bestfriends help you move bodies!
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 12:33:51 am »

I searched both, and neither was in my downloads folder. But I'm having even more problems.

After a while when I try to turn on bool prop to do something,suddenly when my sims friend came over when I click on her friend, a long error came up over and over again and then the interactions that she had with her friend was just appreciate and ask to leave. I can't figure out what's doing it!!!! >:O

I'm so pissed, I don't want to redownload everything again and start over! GRR!

Thanks for the help anyways, violetlass.

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 02:57:23 am »

Okay, I found some files causing problems and deleted them, and that fixed the phone problem. Now my only problem is the error whenever I throw a b-day party or wedding party and when guests come and I try to click on them it an error comes up and the interactions change and it won't let my sim interact and it won't let the sims wed or grow up. :/

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 03:11:37 am »

Poor, poor Madi...

You have yet another hack conflict, I believe. Take out all of your hacks, and run the game to see if your problems have been fixed. If so, add your hacks back in one or two at a time (sounds fun, huh?) until you find the problematic one. Also make sure all of them have been updated to work with your latest EP.

In the meantime, if you have an error log from the above, you could post that too. That'll help us in tracking down the problem while you search it out on your end.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Madison-Simple-As-That

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 04:02:00 pm »

Thanks so much Jenna, I think I'll try that. That sucks mega time, especially because I have final exams soon and I really want to fix my game but I also need to do my work so I can pass..

This sucks. Well I'll go check it out.

I am Madi_Loves_Yew.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: