Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:03:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Shhh!  (Read 9275 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
LibraryGuy

Blithely ignoring all warning signs

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2009, 10:50:33 pm »

Okay, yeah, I had to say it. Yes, I work in a library, and yes, I'm a guy. I've also started wading into the world of Sims CC, and I gotta say, this community is full of wonderful, funny, creative, nice, generous people. You all are a pleasure to be around. It's so great being a part of the IS gang.
Wow, doncha feel all warm 'n fuzzy? I know I do.
Now put down the computer and go read a book!

"Golly Cap'n, he loves you like peaches!" Miranda, "The Adventures of Lyssa And the Pyrates,"
Feisty32
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 02:42:35 am »

i could'nt agree with you libraryguy. Hug2
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 05:42:22 am »

Hi LibraryGuy, sage advice.
LibraryGuy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 09:47:46 am »

Thanks. Sage advice that I should heed myself. Ever since I got hooked on Sims, then on Sims CC, then on the Sims CC community (here especially) my reading has gone waaaay down.
I just figured that, you know, working in a library and all, I should encourage these young people to read more...

"Golly Cap'n, he loves you like peaches!" Miranda, "The Adventures of Lyssa And the Pyrates,"
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 09:50:07 am »

Oh, I agree. I used to be a voracious reader, but that was pre-sims, LOL, a common affliction, I think.
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 04:35:29 pm »

I'm right there with you about reading.  My time reading has also taken a nose dive post-Sims.  I used to go to a little "mom and pop" book exchange and fill a grocery bag with books every 2 weeks.  We went to the library every week.  I read a post from some poor soul that said, "I want my life back!" 
It's an addiction, but hey - I'm having fun. 
Nonni

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
barnesfam

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 06:16:05 pm »

My reading has gone way down too.  I used to read 2 novels a week or more but now it's like one a month.  I did read the whole Twilight series in 4 days.   rolleyes
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 06:56:00 pm »

Hey, again - question:  How come I'm a Lurker?  BTW I'm in the very soggy NW, also. 

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
LibraryGuy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 11:46:39 pm »

Yeah very soggy Northwest. At least we're not anywhere near the flooding, though a lot of supplies aren't getting through to the local markets.
My daughter and I share one computer, so when it's her turn (or it's not, but she annoys me into letting her on) I can get some reading in between housework tasks. Though I've been reading this latest one for oh, two-three weeks now! I miss my old commuting days, when I could read 3 or 4 books a week.

No, it's not an addiction...I can quit anytime I-wait, gotta go check updates.

Feisty32
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 06:31:23 am »

lol LibraryGuy. Grin
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 02:03:48 pm »

Yeah! I'm not a Lurker any more.  Thank goodness my son finally broke down and got his own computer.  He got tired of my "withdrawal" symptoms whenever he used "our" computer.  Library Guy, I think your daughter has learned well.

LibraryGuy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 10:23:28 pm »

It really works out well though. When she's on the computer I either clean the place or read a book...

Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 07:49:35 am »

Hey LibraryGuy Grin

welcome! Have fun and enjoy your stay! Happy simming!

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Simlin55

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 07:51:42 pm »

It really works out well though. When she's on the computer I either clean the place or read a book...

Hi and welcome to the club of Sims2 addicts. My daughter and I share the gaming computer and when she occupies the seat in front of it I can't seem to get to cleaning the place or reading a book.  I then get behind my business pc and instead of doing something useful I start downloading CC!! I'm way behind on schedule with everything that isn't Sims2. Know of any place where they cure this addiction?  Blink
But it's great fun though  YAY

check out my creations at Casa Sims and simnutscreations
Nonni
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 12:12:15 am »

Simlin55, if you find a cure, I'm sure the developers will be happy for you to share.   It keeps me out of trouble most of the time.
Here's to all Simaholics everywhere. Peace - (sorry, old flower child from the 60's) Nonni

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: