Insimenator.org
May 02, 2024, 08:34:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims walking in the air...  (Read 2751 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sierra

Don't mind me... I'm just lurking

View Profile WWW
« on: January 11, 2009, 11:33:37 am »

I have a weird problem concerning all vacation destinations beach lots. At first, when the sims arrive to their hotel, etc. everything is fine but when they go swimming in the ocean, everything goes haywire. After the swim, my sims couple - no one else - walks in the air all the time, about at the same level as the second floor. If I tell them to go to sleep - for example - they walk to the bed, drop down back to the floor, lay down onto the bed and rise in the air again, ending up sleeping in the air. Same happens with a chair, a couch, a tub, a hot tub and so on. All the other characters on the lot functions just fine. Going away from the lot and coming back again has no positive effect and my sims keep walking in the air on the community lots as well.

Normal neighborhoods are not affected and their residential beach lots work fine, so somehow the problem is isolated to the BV vacation destinations. I cannot be sure when this problem has occurred, because my simmies haven't gone to a holiday for a long time. I have all the EP's up to Free Time. Any ideas would be greately appreciated. Thank you. huh 

Simsample

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 11:29:37 am »

This is a tricky one- I've heard of cases where the beach portals are messed up by certain hacks or mods, so you could test without your custom content to check that. Creating a new vacation hood in a test hood and seeing if the beaches work there will tell you if it is a problem with your hood- also try creating a new hood without your downloads present, in cause it's being borked on hood creation. If all that fails, try reinstalling.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose Freewill.
Sierra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 06:59:12 pm »

Well, I do have many hacks but I didn't believe that it was one one of them, because the problem only appears on the vacation neighborhoods and in this case, the Twikkii Island. If it's a hack, shouldn't it affect the whole game? But hey, I didn't think of creating a test vacation neighborhood. I'll do that next and see how it goes. Thanks. Smiley

Gwenke

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 02:27:44 pm »

The very same thing happened to me in my normal (custom) hood, so it is certainly not restricted to BV holiday lots. It was on a beach lot, though, and not everyone was affected, only the mom, who teleported from the beach to the house (the house is about one level higher than the beach). I'm sort of happy that I'm not the only one with this bug. I'll go back and check if she still walks in the air.
Sierra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 08:38:04 pm »

I might have found a solution. I removed two hacks from my game. The other one is the Depression Pose hack from MTS2 and the other is a hack which allows your sims to talk to each other while swimming. I removed the "talk" hack (can't remember it's name or it's creator) because it was already causing a jump bug in the swimming pool actions and the pose hack because someone said that it made her sim float.

I tested the Twikkii Island today and everything worked fine; no more floating. I'm gonna test some more tomorrow but for now, problem seems to be solved... I hope. Smiley

Gwenke

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 07:30:39 am »

I know it's old but it was the SwimPoolTalk mod by Squinge.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 08:14:48 am »

Kind of redundant to post in a very old thread dating back to January. It looked like the OP already figured out what the problem was.

No need to add to what's already resolved.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: