Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 05:22:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How Can I Contact The Landlord & Remodeling  (Read 2711 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2009, 03:29:43 am »

Okay so I looked through all 15 pages of posts and I didn't see what I needed help on lol so I'll ask here does anyone know why I can't contact the landlord because I can't see an option on the phone and he seems to leave the apartment block until the next day like I understand he comes in each day and does mantience but it says in the manual that you can call and complain to him about noisy neighbors and such but I just don't see how and when he does show up theres no option to 'complain' or anything I sure hope this isn't a hack/mod problem cuz I got a doozey of a downloads folder just busting with hacks Wink so if it is then I'll get over it but on the other hand if it isn't could someone please explain to me how I can contact him? also I was wondering why I couldn't re-model a pre-existing apartment I know in uni you can put a cheat in that allows you to re-model dorms if you wanted to...why can't I place new walls, windows, doors or stair-cases in my apartment or do you have to have no one living in the lot and just enter the lot and re-model and furnish like you would a normal home and then move your sims in? huh thank you for any and all help

-Amber
BlueSoup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 06:13:12 am »

Okay so I looked through all 15 pages of posts and I didn't see what I needed help on lol so I'll ask here does anyone know why I can't contact the landlord because I can't see an option on the phone and he seems to leave the apartment block until the next day like I understand he comes in each day and does mantience but it says in the manual that you can call and complain to him about noisy neighbors and such but I just don't see how and when he does show up theres no option to 'complain' or anything I sure hope this isn't a hack/mod problem cuz I got a doozey of a downloads folder just busting with hacks Wink so if it is then I'll get over it but on the other hand if it isn't could someone please explain to me how I can contact him? also I was wondering why I couldn't re-model a pre-existing apartment I know in uni you can put a cheat in that allows you to re-model dorms if you wanted to...why can't I place new walls, windows, doors or stair-cases in my apartment or do you have to have no one living in the lot and just enter the lot and re-model and furnish like you would a normal home and then move your sims in? huh thank you for any and all help

I did some research too, and I found out that you can only call the landlord to repair items, and it should be in the Service menu.  You can't call a landlord to chat or anything else, but you can email them.  If it's not there for you, then I'd call a bug or a hack/CC conflict (start with phone items first).

As for the decorating, if you want to redecorate common areas, you need to do that when there are no Sims living on the lot.  Do whatever you want to all the common areas, and if you use the cheats, "boolProp aptBaseLotSpecificToolsDisabled false" and "boolProp aptSubLotSpecificToolsDisabled false" to enable all of the build/buy categories.  You can also redecorate the individual apartments here too, if you want.

The reason you can't do either the common areas or other apartments when you have Sims living on the lot is because it will only save that information while you're playing that particular family.  So say you place a merry-go-round outside, and then you exit the lot and re-enter to play a new family.  The merry-go-round will be gone, because it will only be there for that one particular family.  I tend to go in beforehand and place everything I'll want on the lot first, and redecorate to my taste.

You can build and redecorate a playable Sims house, as long as you enter the cheats above first.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 12:03:09 am »

Hey Blue Soup,

Ya I figured that out about 3 a.m. this morning on the AL help forums on the original site but I don't understand what Base and SubLot mean I tried putting both in and they worked but no building options were available could you explain to me what both are? I downloaded one of lewisb4u beautiful apartment lots and I went in before hand and decorated all the other individual apartments to my taste, saved and exited out went back in and NONE of the apartments were furnished that I could see? huh oh I was pissed lol so I was about ready to re-do everything! and then I seen a neighbor walk over to another neighbors door and knock and then the neighbors lights came on and everything was furnished! weird I guess you can't see anything in there until you visit huh? but I still couldn't out how to put in those two cheats because I don't understand which is which and what each do? and about the landlord I didn't realize he would be like a repairman but it makes sense now. lol but I could have sworn in the manual it said you could call and complain about noisy neighbors? and did you know that when the neighbors are making alot of noise and you go in that one room where the noise is coming through the wall that your enviromental score will plummet drastically?
Simsample

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 11:17:53 am »

Those cheats make the build tools available to use on the apartment after you have rented it, but they do not make the furniture appear. The furniture appears only if a townie rents the apartment, or if you shift-click the apartment door before renting (in debug mode) and choose 'rent furnished apartment'. Pescado's apartment hack allows you to rent a furnished apartment without debug being on- and also it corrects the exploit that you get the price of the rented furniture when you move out.
For noisy neighbours, you can click on their door to complain about the noise, or bang on the wall to make them stop.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose Freewill.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 11:38:44 pm »

Hey Simsample I thought that you were supposed to put them in, in neighborhood mode and I found out the 3rd time I clicked a lot and they weren't there and had to wait 20 friggin minutes between lots and the main hood angry (anyone else notice AL has got to be the slowest EP made?) but anywho I also got that hack over at maty and now all apartment blocks I go into are furnished because of that hack but I furnish and re-model before hand before any sims move into the lot I am currently re-modeling and furnishing an apartment that came with the EP its looking really cute Cheesy well thanks for the help
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: