Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 05:12:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving to a new world  (Read 2383 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2009, 07:59:19 pm »

This may be something very old and boring but it was a new discovery for me.  This lastest discovery is important to me because the 1st world I created was getting over-crowded.  I found out how to move surplus Sims to my newly created world and I am very happy and proud of me. (I had another breakthrough but am too embarassed to admit that one because my daughter said she knew that without playing the game.)  Maybe I missed something in the tutorial or the instructions.
Nonni

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 06:11:24 am »

Kewl. Part of the fun is to learn and make discoveries. Sharing it brings a smile. I hope I never get so jaded that I cannot enjoy the simple pleasure someone gets from making a new discovery. Happy simming and, above all, have fun with your games.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 07:31:46 am »

hey Nonni - you're doing better than me then, I've been playing a few years now and I haven't worked out how to move sims between hoods without blowing up my game Laugh

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
albmont

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 10:22:47 am »

This may be something very old and boring but it was a new discovery for me.  This lastest discovery is important to me because the 1st world I created was getting over-crowded.  I found out how to move surplus Sims to my newly created world and I am very happy and proud of me. (I had another breakthrough but am too embarassed to admit that one because my daughter said she knew that without playing the game.)  Maybe I missed something in the tutorial or the instructions.
Nonni

You do it by saving the families, entering the saved families in the new 'hood and then removing the families from the old?

I think that this "move" is not perfect, meaning that moved Sims forget the relationships they had in the older neighborhood.

Frex, if A1 from family A and B1 from family B are friends, and both A and B families move from 'hood x to 'hood y, A1 and B1 will become strangers - I think.
Nonni
Site Santa!

Who would Nonni rather kiss? Naughty Nonni!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 03:34:41 am »

Thanks for the positive input. This is how I was able to move a family or person from old neighborhood to the new:
Save house with family or person then move their house to the house bin with the people still in the house.
Then go to the new hood and move the house from the bin onto lot in the new hood and the person/persons are still in the house but now in new neighborhood.
The bad news is, yes, they lose all friends/relatives from old world.  You will get a warning before you move them to house bin.  If they had a business they lose that also.  I have only done this with people who are fairly new and have always taken their family with them. 
It kinda reminds me of "Dorothy" when her house was taken "over the rainbow".  However, if you move the Sims back to "Kansas" they won't know anyone there.
Thanks again, Nonni

Isaac Newton defined tact as "the art of making a point without making an enemy."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: