Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 05:46:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm getting a new computer...  (Read 4170 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
bjiggaman

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2009, 07:13:58 pm »

OK, first let me say that I did search, but could not find a complete answer.  Perhaps I'm just have a senior moment and wasn't searching for the correct keywords, but regardless I couldn't find my answer so here we go with a question I'm sure has been ask and answered in the past.

I'm getting a new computer.  Is there anyway to move my families (i.e. saved games) to the new computer?  I am on a mac now (Tiger), and getting a new mac (Leopard) if that makes a difference.

Again, sorry, I'm sure the answer is here somewhere, but I can't find it.  Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

THANKS!
papersky06

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 11:57:25 am »

The only thing I did when I made the switch was save my downloads file to an external hard drive. It may be possible to somehow extract your families and save them in another file to put on the external hard drive.

Here's a link about backing up your game, getting ready to move things to a new computer, ect.
nina

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 12:16:35 am »

At the very least, you will need to transfer your Downloads, Saved Sims and Neighbourhoods folders if you want to pick up the game where you left off.
I would copy my entire "The Sims 2" folder (Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2) to an external drive, data disc or iDisk (if you have a .Mac account), then install Sims2 on the new computer, run it once, quit and replace the "The Sims 2" folder so generated with the saved copy.
And you might also consider not installing the latest Quicktime 7.6 until you've researched the problems it is supposed to cause with The Sims 2. There is another thread on that subject.

Playing TS2 + Uni. to Pets on Intel Mac
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: