Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 09:58:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: some questions  (Read 1506 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lexi9803

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2009, 08:09:01 pm »

hey-

1.i have heard lots of things about unlocked things, like a black version of the red and yellow vampire dress and other things too, so i was wondering how you got to use those things in your game without downloading them.

2.i was looking in my sims2 folder and there was a folder that said HTTPCache but the folder was empty so i was wondering what that folder was for.

3.can you actually make a sim a mermaid, or do they just look like that because they are wearing mermaid outfits?

4.lastly, i was wondering if any one had a good idea for a sims family cuz im running out of ideas!!

all help is much appreciated! thanx
Grin rolleyes
Alasdair

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 09:14:53 pm »

1. You will have to figure out the name of the outfit and then unlock the texture. Maxis has a few meshes and textures that are hidden from regular gameplay view. Here is the link to a tutorial that walks you through the process. HERE:

2. No idea, but I would venture that it has something to do with the ability of the game to log on to the Sims Exchange and download game assets from there.

3. Mermaids are the result of meshes that are added to the game. At least thats the only ones I've ever seen.

4. I ran out of ideas for families long ago. I just make them up as I go, sometimes I get ideas from whatever book i'm reading or sometimes off of tv. Others just happen as a result of game play. I've taken townies or vactioners and created the whole family from them with add ins of sims I create. That is after the townie or vactioner sim has gone through the make-over process and been made less Maxis ugly.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 10:09:12 pm »

Short follow-up regarding #2 and #3:

The HTTP.cache file is used by the game when connected to the EA Games site. You can safely delete that folder if you want to. Should the game itself 'think' it needs that folder (for whatever reason), the game will auto-generate a new one.

There are various sites which offer mermaid/merman/merkids looks (also such other fantasy/fictional appearances such as minotaurs, satyrs, Martians, etc., etc.). However, the Sims so displayed behave/interact/have requirements no different than any other Sim. It is primarily a display alternative, not a change of lifestyle parameter.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: