Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:17:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Crashing While Loading Families  (Read 3115 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
EVStofleth

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2009, 11:09:09 pm »

Any one know what can cause this? I FINALLY got my cc to work after 4 months of it not working (turns out the downloads folder and all its neighbors were missing so my cc was just floating around in my EA Games folder) and now when I click on a house to load a family the game crashes every time just as the lot comes to the end of its load time. All meshes are in place, all hacks are updated and all patches are in place. Please help me I miss my Sims!
EVStofleth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 11:12:51 pm »

Ok, now to make matters worse my down loads folder is MIA again and everything is just in the EA folder floating around... HELP!!!
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 07:21:40 am »

ok now that you have your cc tucked safely away in your Downloads folder, take the folder out and put it on your desktop. Then fire up the game and see if it still crashes. If it doesn't, you have something that is incompatible with your game. More information from you would help too. What expansions do you have?

Edit:  sorry I erroneously assumed after you said your CC was floating around, that you made a new Downloads folder and put it in there. I was obviously mistaken.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 11:07:29 pm by amc462000 » Logged
EVStofleth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 10:10:21 pm »

I have it ALL!!!! However right now I am using double deluxe, AL, K&B, and M&G. It's not looking good. None of the folders that should be in the EA Games folder are there its just my cc floating around again. But it all shows up in body shop and CAS so I don't want to be removing it again. I just want the darn houses to load fully and let me play dagnambit!
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 10:59:06 pm »

Make another Downloads folder. Gather up all of your CC and put it in there. You have something in your downloads that is no longer compatible with your game (double deluxe, AL, K&B, and M&G). You need to find it. Did your other Downloads folder disappear when you either removed or added an expansion pack or stuff pack?  That is what it does. That is why in every other post on this forum someone tells the poster to either back up the downloads & saved sims folders or take them out to a safe place before altering the game. Is the only CC you have is clothes, skins, hair etc (Bodyshop items)? Something is not compatible with the expansion pack or stuff packs you have in now.
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 11:03:56 pm »

Perplexing.

A few thoughts on possibly handling it.

First, have you installed all patches for all of your EPs and SPs?

If not, do so. They are important for proper functioning of the game.

Second, create a new, empty folder named Downloads (and spelled EXACTLY like that) on your desktop.

Move all the custom content into that folder.

Then sort the custom content by File Type. If you find any files other than .package files, either get rid of them or move them for storage elsewhere. They do not belong in Downloads.

Next, copy that Downloads folder and paste it into the My Documents--EA Games--The Sims 2 folder.

If you still have the problem, then the highest probability is that there is a problem file in Downloads (either a conflict or some content which is not compatible with the EPs and SPs you may have installed), and the only way to isolate it is the repetitious method of testing with only portions of content.

You won't lose any contet this way, as you are using a copy -- the original will always be itact.

As for using Body Shop, etc., that is unaffected by testing/removing/replacing the Downloads folder. Body Shop will make use of whatever content you have in your game at the time it is run, It loads the content each time it is launched. Add more content, and the next run of Body Shop will include that content, for example.

A few more stray thoughts:

Have you ever (directly by accessing them) added or removed anything in any of the C:/Pogram Files/EA Games folder(s)? If so, what?

Do you by any chance have GunMod's Radiance lighting or do you by any chance have The Scriptorium installed? If so, remove them before testing your game out and see if that helps.

Do you by any chance have more than one folder named EA Games in My Documents?
EVStofleth

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 02:06:11 am »

I am cursed. Nothings working!  Cry I take out the cc and hack and it still wont load families. I'm going to curl up in a ball and cry about not having my Sims. Not really, I'll just keep taking ideas and trying to make this darn thing work. Thanks ya'll for helping me with this.
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 08:55:10 am »

ok one more thought. You say you have all the eps & stuff packs but you are now only running double deluxe, AL, K&B, and M&G now right?  ok in order to do this, did you just uninstall what you are not using now and just leave in what you are now using instead of uninstalling everything and reinstalling everything?
EVStofleth

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2009, 05:58:41 pm »

It was a fresh install with fresh CC along with fresh meshes  Undecided
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 07:29:54 pm »

ok one more shot at this -- if you open your c:\ program files, and look inside EA Games, are there folders in there that were for the games you no longer have installed? If so, take those out & put them somewhere safe for now. Only leave in the folders that are named The Sims 2 Double Deluxe (or however these are named), AL, K&B, and M&G.  Try running the game again. If files from your previously installed eps and stuff packs are not still in then I give up. Hopefully someone else has an idea.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 08:30:17 pm by amc462000 » Logged
EVStofleth

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 11:47:43 pm »

Nothing in there that shouldn't be. But thanks for trying. Stupid computer, I swear its out to get me and my Simmies!  angry
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: