Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:52:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Correctly Furnish An Apartment Building  (Read 5699 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2009, 11:46:20 pm »

Ok this is something I need help with so I am currently trying to furnish a 4 rooms apartment building (because well thats all I can be bothered to do with my short attention span rolleyes) so anyway what I have so far is the lobby with snack machines and arm chairs on the first floor and on the 2nd floor I have a workout area and a stero for the sims enjoyment okay I have all the apartments rooms set up right but I was wondering if you guys think to make the game seem realistic should I put in every apartment basically the same stuff like same sofas but different colors, all the same counters, same dressers and beds but different colors, etc etc. I mean to make it seem like the landlord furnished the apartment building for the tenants? is that how normal apartments are furnished like in a community housing sort of thing or would that just seem to boring? huh what are you guys' thoughts?

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 03:50:59 pm »

No it does not if you decorate before any sims are moved into the lot, the only furniture that dissapears is your controlled sims so its just best if you furnish all the other tenants apartments besides your own and rent the apartment you want and then furnish your chosen apartment and then when you go visit another neighbor when there lights come on after you knock you'll see the furniture you placed for them manually but I still need help on my other question about if I should furnish all the apartments basically the same? huh
Roxxy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 04:35:10 pm »

I furniture the rooms basically the same because of ease, but it's not a hard and fast rule.  Obviously like any real tenant, when my sim moves in he/she is free to make the apartment more reflective of their own tastes in decor.

*♥.¸My creations are to stay FREE only, enjoy and give credit where it's due¸.♥*
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 11:37:16 pm »

Well by the time I got 3 apartments done which are verry small I was so burnt out on playing the game that I just saved and turned it off I'll tell you a little well known fact about me I have a short attention span and not a whole lot of patience and I quote "I would rather be set on fire than to furnish an entire home" Sad I don't know I just want to play the game not spend 3 hours furnishing a house for my sims I know I went on a adrendaline rush one day and furnish a 3 floor HUGE mansion I downloaded somewhere and it took me 3 days to get it exactly right and that has got to be one of the most god-awful experiences of my life just because of my personality I guess lol but I am not the kind of person to just put any ole' wall paper or floor or object down I am one of the pickiest people you'll ever see when it comes to sims I mean every little detail has to be perfect. . . I think a perfectionist might be an understatement Cheesy

Anyone Else Like I Am, Or Is It Just Me? Lips Sealed
Maria1307

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 11:49:08 pm »

We can shake hands, SimGirl, I'm like that too. There was never a lot, furnished or not that I have downloaded and not changed something in it. But hey, aren't The Sims partly made, so players can create their own, perfect, twisted, little worlds? Wink
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 12:05:58 am »

lol high five Maria1307 Cheesy I guess my problem might be that I used to play the sims wayy too much and now I don't care what EP I get the game gets more and more repetitive for me, I'm just patiently well not really patiently waiting for the Sims3 to come out but I heard just a handful of people will be able to run it on their systems because the requirements are so un-real, I mean you would have to be a Rockefella to have such a high end machine to run all that crap why couldn't they just make it simple ran like the Sims2? stupid money grubbing Maxis %$#@! tongue
Maria1307

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 04:22:20 pm »

Another high five then, as playing-wise, whenever a new EP came out, I pretty much did everything there was new to do in a few days, spending long hours before the pc and then everything was: I did it already, how many times can you do the same thing over and over?

I'm waiting for Sims 3 as well, it might not be that long till they come out, but for me it seems like ages still. As for the requirements, I read the official ones and they're not really that unreal. Actually, concerning what kind of hardware is available nowadays, they're quite dissapointing. TS3 requires barely a 128MB graphics card and Pixel Shader 2.0 - cards like that were standard (or almost standard) in the time when TS2 came out, and that was 5 years ago. It requires also a 2.0 GHz P4 processor - it's the age of Dual Core and Quad processors, not to mention COREi7. Next thing is the RAM, TS3 requires minimum 1GB of RAM - RAM isn't expensive nowadays, and even in a 32bit Windows XP you can install up to 2GB (there's an issue that 32bit XP doesn't want to read in more). Now, disc space, TS3 requires 6,5 GB minimum - that's really not much since hard drives sold now in newer computers using SATA are usually 512 GB, not to mention ones that have 1TB - which is over a thousand GB - while, older pc still using ATA, well, the prices of those hard drives went down a lot and the smallest size available for ATA nowadays is 160 GB I think.

With that type of requirements, I think actually, many people WILL be able to play TS3. I bought a new pc not long ago, and to tell the truth, what EA offers with these requirements is dissapointing to me, concerning the evolution of easily accessable technology and comparing to for example what Rockstar Games offered with Grand Theft Auto 4 and its advanced graphics quite recently.
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 12:29:41 am »

Well then thats good news for me then Grin but I will more than likley have to go buy some additonal RAM because I have every EP but Bonvoyage and the other ones are just in there cases I switch around when I get tired of the other EP's which right now all I have on my computer is Sims2 DD, (which basically is The Sims 2 Base, Nighlife,and Celebrations Stuff Pack) Seasons, OFB,Apartment Life thats all my poor machine can handle... well it could probably stand 5 EP's installed but my game would lag really bad so I will have to do a backup all my saved games and everything and uninstall EVERYTHING just to be able to run the Sims3 Undecided and more than likely that still won't be enough and I will have to go buy more RAM for my machine just to keep it up
Maria1307

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 04:49:17 am »

Well, if you're not sure how well your machine can handle Sims 3, check and post your system specs - you'll find them in the Control Panel --> System and they'll be on the right in the window that pops up - and I can tell you, what might need boosting for TS3 to run smoothely. Smiley
SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 02:04:17 am »

Hey Maria go to this link http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/bonus/t/analysis2.tmpl?registration_option_id=1736 (that is if it will let you) it will tell you how well my system can run The Sims2 Base Game (I did this just to tell you all my System Specs) by the way that website is awesome it will tell you if your computer can run any game it has in its data-base Grin

Maria1307

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 05:32:59 pm »

I know that website, but it only shows the results from the computer from which you open it, it won't show me what your system has.

The easiest way you can find what your machine has, is to go to the Control Panel - you can select it either through My Computer or the Start Menu - and double click on the System icon. You'll have your info in the right bottom corner of the window that pops up. Just write it down from there.
takart

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 09:44:25 am »

heres another site to try
canurunit.com----http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest
u can test any game on ur computer here for free

Hey Maria go to this link http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/bonus/t/analysis2.tmpl?registration_option_id=1736 (that is if it will let you) it will tell you how well my system can run The Sims2 Base Game (I did this just to tell you all my System Specs) by the way that website is awesome it will tell you if your computer can run any game it has in its data-base Grin

Blessed Be
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: