Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 08:51:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Good news about the sims 3  (Read 41198 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mellany

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2009, 03:56:20 pm »

thank you Roxy2004 !
hardwaretoad

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2009, 05:05:19 pm »

I find it interesting that the only subject at their TS3 site that doesn't have a working link in it is the one regarding SecuROM, just a message telling you to read Rod Humble's letter about it, with no direction to said letter. Says enough to me right there...  Coffee

\"Jeux sans Frontieres\"...
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2009, 08:56:15 am »

Hm, now looking over the list has definitely confirmed in my mind that not paying money for the game is best.

No offense, but I still see it as somewhat a waste.

While some of those things are really cool (zooming in & out on catalog items, seeing different types of skies, being able to customize your tombstones, being able to walk around more, the whole pregnancy situation), I don't think that those things outweigh all the stuff that 1 - We already can do in the Sims 2 with certain EP's (part-time jobs don't interfere with school, sims in a bad mood are already less likely to listen to your commands, moving out and taking furniture, along with others on the list), and 2 - We can already do with mods (at least the majority of the list I can do now including keeping furniture at the house at move-out, seeing babies' motive bars, you can have a ghosts' baby, and many others on the list) 3 - The changes that I simply don't like including the fact that you can't add on to an already placed lot - residential or business, or the fact that stairs can be up to 8 tiles wide?! Not mentioning that they wiped out toddler furniture and other little things and I really don't like how the Sims look. Honestly, like I said in the last post "Who's going to get the Sims 3", I don't see that much of a difference between the two games, other than a few things.

I don't know. I don't mean to be argumentative, but I can do most of what's on that list now with modifications, my InSimenator and cheats.

Just giving another viewpoint to this, especially to those who are having financial hardship during this recession - I really don't think you'd be missing out much.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Magicflute

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2009, 09:19:41 am »

^ True story. I do love mods.  Grin

The main thing that is keeping me interested in it is that the sims will actually take care of themselves. The fact that I could make people and actually sit back and watch them do what I want them to without controlling them ... that's pretty sweet. Other than that though, I agree 100%. Sims 2 is so incredibly awesome, especially now that the community has modified it so much. I think if people choose to stick with it, they definitely won't be going wrong.

Now let's just hope there's no SecurROM to mess up my computer for those of us that actually do get the game ...

motherspet

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2009, 09:57:16 pm »

After reading the whole thread I find it interesting that nobody mention anything about a censor blur. Will our adult sims look like barbies again? Can one have skinny sims and "hulky" ones? I also would like to know more about interaction with babies and toddlers. Can a mother/father sit down to bottle feed? Can I sit on a couch to read to my toddler? My fun in playing the Sims is the family life. I would habe to know a lot more before I would even consider buying the game. But thank you to everybody who so far has given us an insight to Soms 3.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 04:34:43 am »

Removing the censor blur and default replacement skins were two questions I asked  Mr. Pescado on the adult site. Nobody has touched on that one yet, so we can safely assume that EA has put that one on the no no list as well.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2009, 06:02:40 pm »

The main thing that is keeping me interested in it is that the sims will actually take care of themselves.
They said that same bullshit for TS2, too. We all know that wasn't TRUE. In fact, they were saying this in TS3 at the same time their sims were peeing on the floor...so, yeah, I call USDA Grade A BS.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2009, 11:47:32 pm »

I find it interesting that the only subject at their TS3 site that doesn't have a working link in it is the one regarding SecuROM, just a message telling you to read Rod Humble's letter about it, with no direction to said letter. Says enough to me right there...  Coffee
With such things as Tech. Protection Measures and having to register the game in order to install CC. either from the exchange, sims point or sims store, via download manager not to mention sims 3 launcher, who needs securom ?
James

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2009, 01:18:58 pm »

Excellent information!
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2009, 04:56:50 pm »

I have to say in all honesty with everything that's been revealed about the game, I'm still not convinced, nor impressed by TS3. The CC issue is still the biggest turn off for me. CC is what makes the game for me. I like being able to import all kinds of objects, outfits and accessories to my hoods hassle free with NO middle man. Having to register your game to access CC is a crap idea. How many of us actually registered our original copy of TS2? My sentiments exactly. It's a shameless ploy by EA to insure that the pirates can't access CC, but at the same time a means for them to whore all kinds of other needless info to our inboxes, or worse...having our personal info on file if it's a process where you have to input your name and address in registering your game. Bad move. Don't get me wrong, the new bells and whistles sound great, and for a new user looking to get into the game it sounds like it'll be a great experience. But for me, and I can assume most people like me who have logged in YEARS of gameplay on TS2, there's not enough to make me buy TS3. Not even with the potential EPs that'll come down the pipe for the game. There are just way to many glaring issues I have with CC and EA making it less about playing the game how "you" want to play it and how they want it to be played. TS2 is and as it seems will be my definitive Sims title. Let's just hope 8 years from now they don't muck up TS4, if there even is a TS4.

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2009, 06:51:31 pm »

Sims 2 once installed becomes your game. to do with as you please, you can nearly satisfy your every whim and fantasy in the game, you can make your sims look as you please.
You will not have that luxury in sims 3.
You will get your cc. via EA. or their affiliates mostly created by their FAs. You will have a choise between the run of the mill junk or become a VIP. (keep your credit card handy.)
noretus

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2009, 01:33:50 am »

Didn't Parsimous Kate say in her blog ( which has now vanished into the internets ) that custom content is stored and can be shared the same way as in Sims 2?
Do you have any reliable sources that say that custom content is only available via the Exchange site? I've not seen or heard anything of the sort. Except the speculations on this site.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2009, 12:29:42 pm »

The available evidence suggests that this will continue to be the case and the exchange will work more or less in the same annoying manner it did before.
noretus

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2009, 03:27:54 pm »

The available evidence suggests that this will continue to be the case and the exchange will work more or less in the same annoying manner it did before.

Source, or do you know because of your learnings Grin
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2009, 07:27:32 am »

noretus, see this page here from the UK site:

The Exchange: Building off of The Sims 2 Exchange’s success of more than 100M downloads, The Sims 3 Exchange highlights featured items, most popular downloads, powerful search and browser capabilities, along with giving players the ability to see what other players are recommending

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: