Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 12:54:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Good news about the sims 3  (Read 41202 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
noretus

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2009, 12:22:17 pm »

noretus, see this page here from the UK site:

The Exchange: Building off of The Sims 2 Exchange’s success of more than 100M downloads, The Sims 3 Exchange highlights featured items, most popular downloads, powerful search and browser capabilities, along with giving players the ability to see what other players are recommending

Um, maybe I'm missing something but how does that equal to custom content being only available through the Exchange? There will be Sims 3 Exchange, this does not surprise me and I bet it'll be as crappy as in Sims 2 but I don't see anything that says it would be the only site in the internets that allows the sharing of CC.
frtingkat

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2009, 10:09:50 pm »

I find it really sad that there is such an uproar about custom content instead of excitement about the release. Of course there's going to be a lag for cc release. And if you hackers, mods, and cheat geniuses are so complacent that you won't try the new game, enjoy playing the same game, the same way, until the end of time. We won't miss you.

But to those of you who are dying for a new challenge, Sims3 presents a whole new level, not the same old same old. How cool is it that we can go outside and interact with the world? It's COOL. It's ok to think so! That why we all play this game. Getting snobby and bitter about the fact that EA wants to make money on an intellectual property that they have invested millions of dollars in perfecting won't change the fact that it's FUN to play. It won't change the fact that we shouldn't be buying pirated copies if we want the Sims to thrive.

Could EA make it easier to get cc to us faster? Sure. Are there always going to be issues with game play? Of course. Does EA consistently create better products for us? Didn't game play and graphics satisfaction increase exponentially from the original SIMs to the release of SIMs2? To think that SIMs2 is the pinnacle of what EA can do for us is crazy!

That's my two cents. Commence the trash talk now.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2009, 10:24:57 pm »

Not to "trash talk" anything-but be forwarned: EA is famous for not delivering on their promises. All the videos released prior to Sims 2 were full of things we never got at release, or in later EP's.

I don't know if this is the case with Sims 3, but I am not going to hold my breath over anything they deliver.
We will see shortly if it lives up to the hype. Until we get a few weeks of actual playing by actual players we are all going to be speculating about it.

But, remember this: the reason Sims 2 is so wildly popular is that EA was not controlling every single bit of code to make it near impossible to mod the game. From what I've heard, this has changed to the point where a few prominent modders are not optimistic about the chances they will have to do anything to improve it.

There will be no Insimenator, and no SimPE for this game. Until someone decides to create those types of mods, and more, we will be at the mercy of EA and their selected creators to import things into the game.

If it had not been for so many talented and dedicated people who made it their mission to improve game play, Sims 2 would have been a very shallow, empty shell.

But I seriously doubt that Sims 2 will die a very natural death-there are many people who are playing it and have given a pass on Sims 3 for a variety of reasons.

If you enjoy it, and can play it properly, more power to you. Enjoy the game.

kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2009, 10:56:07 pm »

I find it really sad that there is such an uproar about custom content instead of excitement about the release. Of course there's going to be a lag for cc release. And if you hackers, mods, and cheat geniuses are so complacent that you won't try the new game, enjoy playing the same game, the same way, until the end of time. We won't miss you.

But to those of you who are dying for a new challenge, Sims3 presents a whole new level, not the same old same old. How cool is it that we can go outside and interact with the world? It's COOL. It's ok to think so! That why we all play this game. Getting snobby and bitter about the fact that EA wants to make money on an intellectual property that they have invested millions of dollars in perfecting won't change the fact that it's FUN to play. It won't change the fact that we shouldn't be buying pirated copies if we want the Sims to thrive.

Could EA make it easier to get cc to us faster? Sure. Are there always going to be issues with game play? Of course. Does EA consistently create better products for us? Didn't game play and graphics satisfaction increase exponentially from the original SIMs to the release of SIMs2? To think that SIMs2 is the pinnacle of what EA can do for us is crazy!

That's my two cents. Commence the trash talk now.

Way to almost make a poignant post with your 1st entry. Crying shame in the end you sound like a misinformed fanboy. Wait, I guess that make you a misinformed fanboy. Because if you knew anything about The Sims or the community as a whole, you'd know that CC is the driving force behind the game. In one shape form or fashion, all Sims 2 Players have custom content. Be it clothing, genetics, furniture, objects, hacks...whatever. Even the person who doesn't have a single downloaded object from any sight, but all EPs and SPs has CC, all be it their CC comes by way of EA directly. So yes, people are going to get up in arms when CC for all this time on TS2 has been relatively "Royalty Free" (Aside from paysites of course) into having to pay to get CC at large for TS3. Next time look at the whole picture of the gernal mindset of everyone instead of passing a misinformed and rather empty headed assumption. Kinda makes you look like you just typed your response for the same of seeing you name on the board for the 1st (And probably last) time. Wink

SimGirl20
Serial Downloader

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2009, 11:30:38 pm »

Ah sorry I had a good laugh out of that post there frtingkat, no offence but you almost sound like one of EA's lackeys lmfao!
Zggs
T.M. Riddle supporter

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2009, 10:39:42 pm »

Personally some of you such as kaoz666 are being a bit rude to those who do want to purchase and play TS3.  There is no need to go around calling someone a misinformed fanboy.  It irks me to the core and I don't care what you say in reply.  You can call me a bitch for all I care but just because you're boycotting TS3 doesn't mean you have to insinuate that everyone who isn't boycotting TS3 is a mindless stupid person.

*Ahem*
Yes I'm obsessed with Harry Potter.
No I don't care what you think.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2009, 11:08:35 pm »

How about we keep it respectful, folks.  It's been shown plenty of times that everyone can state an opinion without having to resort name calling or character assassination of other users, so there's no need to start it up now.  I'd hate to have to lock this thread if it keeps up.  Tongue 

Zggs
T.M. Riddle supporter

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2009, 11:52:27 pm »

Sorry I just felt it was rude and stated so but I don't intend start namecalling anyone.  I don't want to cause trouble.

*Ahem*
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2009, 12:19:57 am »

Personally some of you such as kaoz666 are being a bit rude to those who do want to purchase and play TS3.  There is no need to go around calling someone a misinformed fanboy.  It irks me to the core and I don't care what you say in reply.  You can call me a bitch for all I care but just because you're boycotting TS3 doesn't mean you have to insinuate that everyone who isn't boycotting TS3 is a mindless stupid person.

I don't have to call you anything. This response already tells me, and anyone else who reads it exactly what you are. You've done my work for me. And further more, I'm not boycotting TS3. I'm putting out the reality behind the release and how flawed EAs approach has been of it to date, just like when they release any other high profile title. Maybe you should actually read a post and get the full facts behind it before you "retaliate". And the line about not caring what I say in reply? Nice try at reverse psychology. Wink I predicated my comment with constructive info to follow up. You made an angry "fanboyish" reply to a comment that wasn't even directed to you that ended up getting a mods attention. "If it don't apply, let it fly." I'll leave it at that.

Zggs
T.M. Riddle supporter

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2009, 12:37:27 am »

No, you're wrong.  I was teased when I was younger and called names and so when someone calls someone else a name I feel it to be wrong.  I know the comment was not directed at me but due to my childhood I stand up for others.  And believe me I read posts and perhaps it was good that the mod looked at this as we're supposed to treat others with respect and if you realized I didn't call anyone a name like you did.

*Ahem*
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2009, 01:45:38 am »

I'd hate to have to lock this thread if it keeps up.  Tongue 

You'll have to wrestle me first for that privilege, Tenshii. Tongue

...and just to reinforce what Tenshii said, you're all going to behave yourselves here. I'm rather fond of opening up many a can of whoop-arse. Grin

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2009, 08:33:49 am »

*dons wrestler's mask*  Guess I'd better keep on my toes then.  Grin

And to clarify, no, I was not directing what I said towards one particular person.  That applies to everyone.  It'd be best to either drop the matter or handle it civilly through PM.  Preferably the former.

Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2009, 10:36:33 am »

I'd have to agree with the other two staff members. If things in this thread are not kept civil I'LL lock the bloody thing myself and if you don't like that idea, then tone it down and keep your vitriol to yourself. If y'all feel the need to flame, go somewhere else, we don't want it here.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2009, 10:51:31 am »

Just so I can clear this up, I call 'em like I see 'em. If you of my comments Zggs as being hostile or derogatory, of which anyone with an objective outlook on things wouldn't, you've got options. One of them is not reading it. Wink Divert your attention to another post in the thread and make that your subject of response. Just because you're sensitive about how I choose to rebut to a onesided comment doesn't mean I have to sugarcoat what I have to say so that the pill goes down easier. We're all adults here (well...most of us, I know teens and tweens frequent the board as well) and if a person can't take a little heat in a post, (Despite yet again the fact my initial comment wasn't even directed to, at or about you) you really shouldn't be posting on a forum. But that's just my opinion, and opinions are like Index Fingers, everyone on the planet has at least one. That's the last I'll say about this subject and in this thread in general. I made my point, and I'll leave it at face value. What you do with it is your business, not mines. Apologies of Tenshii, Jenna and Paden for stirring up a little heat. I'm just not the type of dude that mince's his words.

Zggs
T.M. Riddle supporter

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2009, 10:53:56 pm »

I'd have to agree with the other two staff members. If things in this thread are not kept civil I'LL lock the bloody thing myself and if you don't like that idea, then tone it down and keep your vitriol to yourself. If y'all feel the need to flame, go somewhere else, we don't want it here.

Sorry.  I won't come back here and post so there's no more arguments.

*Ahem*
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: