Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 12:59:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good news about the sims 3  (Read 41203 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
frtingkat

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2009, 01:53:27 pm »

if you knew anything about The Sims or the community as a whole, you'd know that CC is the driving force behind the game. In one shape form or fashion, all Sims 2 Players have custom content. Be it clothing, genetics, furniture, objects, hacks...whatever. Even the person who doesn't have a single downloaded object from any sight, but all EPs and SPs has CC, all be it their CC comes by way of EA directly. So yes, people are going to get up in arms when CC for all this time on TS2 has been relatively "Royalty Free" (Aside from paysites of course) into having to pay to get CC at large for TS3. Next time look at the whole picture of the gernal mindset of everyone instead of passing a misinformed and rather empty headed assumption.

I was under the "empty headed assumption" that these games are supposed to be fun. That we all played them for a diversion from our every day lives. Maybe for one person that means playing the game vanilla style with no add-ons, or maybe it means customizing every single item, action, and character until the game you're playing doesn't even resemble the original release. I don't care which one it is. I personally use a few add-ons to speed up game play and make it easier.

My point was that it's kinda sad that the snarky, close-minded, holier-than-thou attitude of some players/posters had to take over a thread that was full of joy and excitement over the new features. Now I'm part of that. It's frustrating.  Undecided

Stop whining about not being able to mod a game that hasn't even been released and figure out how to do it instead. I know you can. I have faith in the Sims community and I appreciate every piece of custom content and every hack I've ever downloaded. But I don't feel that I'm entitled to them or that EA/Maxis owes me the ability to hack their games. It's their right to "protect" their product from hackers. It's the hackers' jobs to get around that.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2009, 02:43:32 pm »

That's where you appear to be just a lil' mis-informed. There's a difference between "Hacking" and "Modding". Hacking is accessing the internal code of the game and using it to create such things as no CD cracks and .Iso files. Modding is importing custom meshes, textures, altering UI Behaviors so that sims in game do or don't do certain things, ETC. My concern is the lack of support for modders like myself. NOT hackers. If you take that as whining as you so eloquently put it, you should get your facts straight, cuz it's plain as day that I'm not the only one with that concern. Every mod you see on TS2 is result of the game being as I mention in several posts Open Source software. TS3 is closed source, and thus copyright protected. I could easily mod the game to do what I want. I'd just never be able to publicly distribute my altered code because it's copyrighted. THAT'S where the concern is. Because of their want to safeguard their software from pirates, they've alienated all the modders who do things the RIGHT way, for the sake of improving the game that they purchased legally. Do you think such programs as SimPE and Simpose2 are hacker responsible? Nope. They're tolls created using the OPEN SOURCE coding of TS2 to be useful and LEGAL means to modify the game to a user's specific tastes. With the coding being closed sourced for TS3 (And I'm not even sure it is, but all signs point towards it being the case) it doesn't make the code inaccessible, it just makes it harder to access, and illegal to distribute. Meaning that a SimPE3 or an Simpose3 will most likely never happen, nor will such tools as say Decorgal's pose boxes or even something as simple as Gunmod's camera mods. Simple stuff that make the game better will not be able to be distributed legally because of EA's wanton need to protect their copyright from HACKERS. There you have a post with factual and accurate info, do try to counter with something poignant, eh?

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2009, 03:34:39 pm »

Or, kaoz666, you could try not calling everyone who has a different opinion than you a misinformed fanboy.

I, for one, am getting sick of this arguement.

As to your statement that "everyone" has cc, no they don't. I personally know two people who play the game with no custom clothes, hair, furniture or mods. They play the game as is, completely vanilla with no downloaded content whatsoever and love it. I remember a time when I enjoyed the game like that. 

A lot of people seem to be judging the game before it's even out. Sure, you have a right to be disappointed that you can't modify the game as we could with S1 and can with S2, but that doesn't automatically make it a lousy game. EA might just surprise us. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm willing to reserve passing judgement until I've actually seen the game.

Now... please play nice, agree to disagree, or I will send you to your respective corners.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2009, 04:56:38 pm »

I never said the game was going to be lousy. It's impossible for EA not to turn a profit, this IS EA after all. We don't call them "The Evil Empire" in the video gaming industry for nothing. (For the record, my knowledge of practices on releases, software and the like come from me actually working in the gaming industry, not for a developer, but a publisher.) My Fanboy comment was made in response to the overall air of his response, which came off fanboyish. And the CC Comment was a generalized comment. Like I said in a previous post "If it don't apply, let it fly". Seems we have way to many sensitive people on here. So rather then offer my opinion and hurt someone's feelings, I'll bow out of this thread. Anything else I could say would be beating a dead horse. My point was made, and it was received...in both positive and negative ways.

roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2009, 06:00:32 pm »

You certainly covered the lot there kaoz666. One other thing that should be clarified is CC. that the creator tags as not to be redistributed. That means exactly that.
EA. will recognise the individual creators copyright and if you are caught sharing they will kick you out. (the exchange and all that other rot)
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2009, 11:05:06 pm »

I think this thread has run its course, and personally, I'm getting sick of every TS3 thread going rabid. Consider this pooch put down.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: