Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 03:27:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird Pop-up and other problems (SOLVED) HEADS UP! One aftermath problem!!!  (Read 3474 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
violetlass

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2009, 12:00:36 am »

I get this weird pop-up every time I move my mouse over any kind of sink. I have debug mode on and never receive an error about it. If I click on the sink I get no errors, it starts the cyle over again, and if I thouch another sink it is added to the cycle. The pop-up starts with: My ownership is 1 and it will count up to 17 after 17 it says: No one can "own" this object I have checked all my hacks and I cannot find this ownable sink hack.

My next problem:

Every time there is a Dresser in a house or community lot my sims will walk to the dresser and continue to change their clothes going through their everyday to the outdoor clothes, then it will repeat until I delete the dresser.

Any sugestions?

I have also included a picture of the weird pop-up

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:38:07 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Friends help you move; bestfriends help you move bodies!
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 01:32:23 am »

1) For the sink problem, go back through the help topics in this forum. There should be topic names like "sink problem" or similar. The issue has been discussed thoroughly several times and I think the cause was found. I just can't remember what the solution was, but you should be able to find it by looking at the previous topics on this issue.

2) Look for the hack "auto-change-and-pregnant-normal" in your Downloads. This is a Dizzy hack and you're probably using it so that your sims can wear normal clothing during pregnancy or maybe so they automatically change into normal clothing when they get up from sleep. Unfortunately, for a few unfortunates, it causes sims to incessantly change clothing. If you are using it to let pregnant sims wear normal clothing, use Squinge's hack instead. It doesn't have this unfortunate effect.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
violetlass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 05:23:41 am »

ok I found the "auto-change-and-pregnant-normal," Didn't think about that hack! Thank you for that.

I can't find the post for the Sink problem, is it located in the AL help or in a different section?

I found a Post "My sink is talking" but it never said what files they where. He just said he deleted the file and it stopped. But I don't know what it was.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 05:39:11 am by violetlass » Logged

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 06:02:54 am »

Looks like the sink problem was under another thread title! LOL

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,97214.msg1442502.html#msg1442502

Take a look at what ancienthighway says and try some of the other solutions, such as ensuring that any hacks by dumbfool/nobody/dickhurt being in the correct folders, etc.

Maybe you should attach your CustomContentObjects.txt as per Squinge's instructions? That way we could have a look at what hacks you have lurking in your Downloads folder.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
violetlass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 06:38:49 am »

Thats just fudgy, using Delphys Download Orgainizer I typed in test and it couldn't find it. Screwie thing. test_game_edition_flags.package, and test_engines.package, and those files where there. But I found the files in my downloads anyways and deleted them. Thank you thank you thank you! I hope it works now. I will have to try tomorrow, to late to try now. Rock

jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 06:49:15 am »

I just wandered in here. Yep, those are the packages causing the weird sink thing. I had the same problem a few months ago but was too stupid to go looking for info in the help section so I tracked 'em down the tedious way, testing group after group of mods. I still have all my original zip and rar files and after the weekend will see if I can track down which one they are in. At least then we'll know where it comes from.
violetlass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 06:33:23 am »

You don't have to do it the hard way. All I did was copy paste the file names in my search browser and they will come up. It took me all of 1 minute to delete those packages. Piece of cake.

violetlass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 07:36:53 am »

HEADS UP!!!
I had one small problem that happened after I deleted those 2 files.
I tried to run the game (M&G Stuff is considered EP 9, I don't know why either) and the game would not run after you press play on the auto-run. The CD-ROM drive would show the disk running but the screen would never come up. So after  Much deliberating with myself I decided to uninstall the EP then reinstall it. To not lose any info I moved my whole Sims 2 folder and put it on my desktop, then moved it back after the EP was uninstalled (so the EP did not recreate the folder) then I reinstalled. Now it is finally running.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: