Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 11:25:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Something About My Downloads.  (Read 3198 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2009, 05:25:15 pm »

Okay, in another thread, I said that I was sorting all of my downloads. I have spent a lot of hours weeding through all the stuff I do and don't want, and sorted all of those into sub-folders. But I have a problem. Probably just a small problem.

I have a cluster of downloads that have no title really, they are just a bunch of letters and numbers. From my other downloads I can pretty much gather what they are and where they go, but these, I have no idea what they are, and what they are supposed to do. They look something like this:
"o2po297spae0w2nie9qn1wqn990e1" Has anyone else had trouble with these? Can someone tell me what they are. I can't even tell if I open them with SimPE. There's so many little folders inside, I don't know which to click on to see what I am dealing with. Is there some kind of download that is generally titled like this.

Another little question: Like I said up above, I sorted all of my downloads into sub-folders. Is this going to effect them in my game? Will they still work in a sub-folder?

Thanks everyone.

Let He who is without sin...kick the first arse.

My Girls: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,108744.0.html
My site: http://voodoonightmares.freeforums.org/
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 05:53:52 pm »

First off, if you only have the base game then not everything will work in subfolders. If you have expansion packs, I think the ability to subfolder came with either Uni or NL, so if you have anything newer subfoldering should be fine.

Second - those nonsense-named files are CC. This is what you get when you use the Maxis installer and not Clean Installer to put sims and houses (and other stuff such as walls and floors, that comes as Sims2Pack files) into your game. Throw them into a separate folder. Then fire up SimPE and look at the folder. You should see at least tool tips or filenames in the descriptions, and if you hover over a line you should be able to see a filename. Note the description and the filename it goes with, then go into the folder and rename the files to something that makes sense. Just take care not to delete the .package extension if you have file extensions showing.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 06:28:46 pm »

Thank you.
I do have all of the EPs. So the subfoldering should work. I'll try the SimPE with the nonsense code folder I made. Thanks again.

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 02:07:02 am »

Sorry - not SimPE but Clean Installer. My head was in SimPE Land when it should have been in Clean Installer Valley tongue

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
dynasty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 02:30:51 pm »

I just had a problem with my game, too. I got AL today and none of my families would load... Or... Load forever, but the game wouldnt start, KWIM? For me, it was a file called d1cb0b87b2e68b6d11643cefaa10e076_0001.package  Once I removed it, my game worked fine. I have no clue what it is either. I hope you get your problem solved fast! I am so relieved I got mine solved. Altho it took me 3 hours, I am happy the problem is not my computer, but just a corrupt (or incompatible) file! Good Luck!
Just a suggion, I first deleted all my hacks, then runned Delphy's Downloads Organiser, so I found a few more hacks I forgot I had. Then I checked the logs in my sims 2 folder, named custom content. The file which caused the problem was the fime on top. I am not sure if this is a coincidence tho:)

Check my sims out!
SenkoTwiik
Carnival Freakshow

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 05:47:59 pm »

Ya know, I may very well have the same exact file that you . I finally have every one of my downloads sorted. It took me so freaking long, but I did it. I think I may have developed artritis in my hands. But I did it. I'll have a look at my big folder of 'numbery lettery downloads' and see if I got it. I also know I got something in my cars folder that's corrupted. I'm not sure which, but I got it narrowed down. I'm getting close to getting ever one of my corrupted packages out.
Thanks for the heads up, dynasty, I'll let y'all know if I have it, and what it is. I'll just post all of my corrupted stuff, incase other people have these items and are also having system trouble.

dynasty

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 06:02:34 pm »

No Problem. Yeah, I posted my filename, so you can search for it in your folder, just in case you have that one as well! I put my updated hacks back an hour ago and it still works fine. That means the reason why my game wouldnt work was just ONE single file!!

Check my sims out!
firerayne

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 06:31:52 pm »

If it's all numbers and letters it's either a re-coloured object, a house file or saved sim file usually
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: