Insimenator.org
March 30, 2024, 03:27:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Born A Killer-update!-April 17th!!!  (Read 7834 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
buddy_luv_blah

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2009, 01:01:43 am »

well. my game recently had some issues and i had to reinstall it, and everything was gone.
I might be able to recover one of my old stories, but not the other one.
I am trying.
but in the meantime.
I wrote this last night, out of pure boredom. I just want to know what you think before I decide to continue it.
constructive criticism is very welcome, and appreciated.
=]
by the way.
she's NOT a vampire.
this is NOT another twilight rip off
I haven't even read twilight and have no intentions of writing another vampire romance book, thankyou
and don't ask what she is, because that will most definatly come later, if i choose to continue this

*i will add some pictures soon. next time in in my game i'll snap some. don't worry please read anyway =]*

Vanna sunk her long, sharp, ivory white teeth into the dense shoulder of her latest catch. Warm, gurgling blood filling her mouth. She chuckled as the creature let out a screech, it was still alive. The chewy flesh was already beginning to satisfy her craving. She ripped at its chest with long, clawlike fingernails, and dug her way down to the bone. It was barely making a sound now, just whimpers escaping its dull pink lips, color slowly fading from its disgusting face. But Vanna was too engulfed in her delicious meal to notice, it had been a while since she had eaten. The farther down she dug into the creature’s thick body, the better it got. Skin turned to muscles, muscles to bone, and bone to a still beating heart. Her eyes grew wide as she tore open a brittle rib cage, and reached in. She held the thing like a trophy. Licked it with a long, black tongue, and a smile curled upon her lips. Within seconds, it was gone. Making its way through her esophagus by now. She licked her bone white fingers, tasting every last drop of blood.
Suddenly, a piercing cry erupted, and she was yanked back to reality. The miniature creature howled. Vanna cringed, how she hated the things. Should she just eat this one too? She decided against it. She detested humans, but the thing that sat on the ground wailing was just a baby. She had to admit, she felt the slightest bit of remorse at killing its mother, but she had to eat. She picked up the wretched thing, holding it as if it was infected with a disease.
A sudden, unexpected maternal instinct kicked in, and she cooed at it, rocking from side to side, still disgusted by the fact that she was actually touching it. Eventually, the screams died down, and its tiny blue eyes drifted shut. A tiny smile replaced Vanna's frown, but there was no way she was going to admit to actually liking the thing. She looked around; at least it hadn't attracted any attention, but what now? If she brought it back home, it would surely be eaten. And there was no way she could pass it off as her own. Or could she? She pondered the thought for a moment. Raise a human? Was it even possible? Would anyone believe her? She doubted it.
Vanna stopped cold as she saw two glowing, yellow eyes peering at her from the dark depths of the snowy forest around her. “Who’s there?” She growled ferociously, her emotions crashing and swirling inside of her, she was not one to mess with today. The eyes blinked, but no voice responded. Vanna breathed heavily as her rage swelled. “Show yourself you coward!” she demanded, taking a brave step forward. The eyes merely blinked at her once more. She tore through the dense leaves of a berry bush, sending tiny, poisonous fruits flying in every direction. The eyes were still out of her reach. She stomped forward, her anger fueling her. They continued to stare, mocking her as she moved ever closer. Vanna smiled evilly as she detected the dim outline of a tall figure. Human or not, she was out to kill. She halted as the figure disappeared into thin air. Spinning around in hot fury, she cried out. “what the hell…” she mumbled, searching ferociously for whatever, whoever had been watching her.
She then remembered the tiny creature resting in the crook of her left arm. It was surprisingly warm, much warmer than Vanna’s own body. She looked around once more, and being positive that the eyes were in fact, gone, she trudged off into the woods, still unsure of what to do with the baby. She suddenly recalled a lesson, long ago, taught to her by her grandfather. It was about the humans, their habits, their taste, their smell. He had also mentioned something about their naming traditions, their names being chosen at seemingly random at the time of birth. It was so very different from their own traditions. The first letter of Vanna’s name came from her mother. Violet. And the last letter was inherited from the first initial of her father. Aristole. She shuddered at the memories of him, and forced her mind back to the baby. Surely it had a name, but how would she ever come to know it.
 Kacia. The name popped into her head like it had been there all along. “Kacia” She whispered to no one in particular, and the little babe’s eyes popped open. She laughed. “Kacia, that’s what we shall call you” She said, wondering if its miniscule mind could even comprehend her words. It gurgled and Vanna’s face snapped back to a frown, she would have to work to get over the vile fact that it was still a human.
The sun sat above her, perched high in the afternoon sky. An endless expanse of blue resting behind it, only interrupted by the few birds that darted across her line of view. On the ground sat a dirty blanket of snow, only a few days old but already spattered with blood, she wondered who else had made a kill that day. The trees shook in the wind, and carefully balanced the tall load of white fluff atop their leaves.
Vanna loved the winter. Everything was so peaceful and quiet. It always lowered her body temperature to a striking level, and her skin held a pale grey color. This was the one thing about her kind that everyone shared. Cool weather made everyone giddy and light, always enough adrenaline pumping through their veins to prepare for a kill.
Summers were different. She remained in a lethargic state much of the time, her skin turned to a ripe purple color. She hardly ate, hardly had to eat. She just didn’t have the energy to make an efficient kill.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 04:05:32 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

why do people pay to go up tall buildings, then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?
[/size]
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 10:51:39 am »

That's really disgusting the way she tears into her meal.  I love it! Grin

I'm eager to find out exactly 'what' Vanna is.  And it should prove to be interesting to try to raise a human among her kind, whatever that is.  How will she mask the baby's human odor?

I think you're off to an interesting start - though some of the pictures are probably going to be a headache.

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 12:46:50 pm »

ooh this is scary and disturbing so...of course I LOVE IT!  I agree with Astral the pictures are going to be hard.  I think if I were you I would just do a few very good ones and stick to a strong text as you have going above. Wink

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
buddy_luv_blah

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 02:39:05 pm »

A breeze passed swiftly by the odd couple standing in the forest, and Vanna could smell blood. “Vyika…” she whispered, suddenly remembering the hunting party she had been traveling with. She set the baby on the cold ground, its warm body making a slight indent in the fluffy snow. “Vyika!” she shouted, tasting his scent in the air. “Van?” his familiar voice startled her as he whispered in her ear. “GAH! You scared me Vyika!” she growled, letting a tiny giggle escape afterward. “Sorry Van, didn’t mean to.” He said as he grabbed her shoulders and swiftly turned her to face him. “Van, I smell a human, do you smell that? It smells close, and…fresh.” She flinched, and hoped he didn’t notice. “Oh, uh…I kind of caught one” “yummy” he gasped, licking his lips. “Sorry Vyika, I’ve finished her off already.” Vanna quickly spat out anything she could to try to get him away. “Dang…” he said, looking off into the distance. “Well, I haven’t found much yet, so. I’ll catch up with you at home Van” She smiled and traced her index finger along the length of his cheekbone, stroking the thick fur that covered his face. “Bubbye” she called as he ran, not bothering to give her a second glance.
As soon as she could no longer sense Vyika within a 30 mile radius, she scampered back to Kacia, who lay, with her bright eyes open, content in the snow. Vanna rolled her eyes; stupid humans never knew how to take proper care of themselves. She dropped to her knees, inhaling the baby’s scent warily. “So, my dear Kacia, I will try my best not to devour you whole, but it’s going to take some effort on your part also” The baby stared at her blankly, clearly not understanding. Vanna groaned, so much for basic communication skills. The baby gurgled and grasped at the air with a set of chubby fingers. Vanna sighed and scooped Kacia into her arms, and a look of worry crossed her face. “What are we going to do with you? Vyika’s expecting me home tonight. If I’m not there, he’ll come looking…” She let her mind wander, something that could be very dangerous, but didn’t try to stop it. Memories flooded into her subconscious, finally freed after so long. A young boy, his cheeks flushed pink, but looked strange, shiny. A middle aged man, kissing Vanna on the forehead, comforting her. Posing for a family portrait, her siblings swarming around, they all looked so different. Vanna shook her head as if to shake the vivid pictures away, but those three remained, prominent in her mind.
 Against her better judgment, Vanna started towards her family, pulled by her memories and the sudden emotions that came with them. The baby sat comfortable in her arms, and gazed at the sky above as Vanna walked at a brisk pace, quickly scaling the 40-some miles it took to get home. As she approached the little village, she sensed nearly everyone honing in on Kacia’s scent, and pressed the baby to her chest protectively.
The homes in the village were centuries old, built by their ancestors, and only very slightly altered. They came in all shapes, sizes, and colors, no two looked similar. “Vanna?” Vyika said with wide eyes as she approached a group of her siblings. “Vyika, Veronica, Vina… this is Kacia.” They gawked at her, mouths watering. Vanna frowned as her youngest sister Vina stepped forward and tugged at the baby’s curly brown locks. “Vanna! She looks….delicious” Veronica sputtered, leaning over 8 year old Vina to take a peek. Vanna jerked away defensively, “no!” her sisters mirrored the action, looking hurt and surprised, “what is it Vanna?” Vyika said, hardly able to contain himself from the hunger. “You are not to touch her, do you hear me? She’s a mere baby and has absolutely no defense against you, it’s just not fair!” Vanna shouted, hoping everyone would hear. “I’m going to take care of her, just like she was my own.” She said, pushing past her sisters and waking towards her home.
A comforting smile crept onto her face as she approached the big white house, the house she had lived in all her life. It’s huge stone pillars stood proud against the bright sun, you could tell they were ancient, but beautiful nonetheless. Her mother sat on the immaculately clean porch, changing the diaper of Vanna’s first nephew, her half-brother Victor’s only child. “Mom…” Vanna said, a hint of remorse in her voice. Violet’s head snapped up and she glared at the tiny creature in her daughter’s arms, “I heard your little scuffle with your siblings.” She stated matter-of-factly, turning back to her grandson. Vanna wasn’t sure how to respond. “Oh” was all she could muster as her throat grew tight. “You are certainly welcome home any time Vanna honey, but that wretched creature is not” Vanna bit her lip, “I’m sorry” she said, and spun around on her heels, tears welling in the corners of her eyes.
 She wandered the narrow streets, receiving nothing but hateful glares from everyone she encountered. What a mistake it was to come back. Even her own mother didn’t want her.
At last she reached the edge of the village, and stood at the front door of a small, run-down house, it was Sinera’s house. Her absolute best friend since her third day of life, the day she learned to talk. She knocked on the door with one free hand and waited patiently as she heard heavy footsteps from within. Sinera answered the door with a worried look plastered to her dark face. “Vanna” she refused to make eye contact and twirled a finger in her thick black hair, “my mom says…” she took a deep breath, “she says you can’t come inside with…that” she motioned to Kacia, “and I’m not allowed out. Sorry” she said, closing the door with a quiet thud. Vanna sighed, she should’ve known.
The entire village had shunned her away, and there was nowhere left to go. She took a longing look at the wonderful rainbow that their village was, and trudged off into the snow. “Wait Van!” a voice shouted, she whirled around. It was Viquilla, her sister, her elder by 3 years. “Quill” she whispered, her throat clogged with unshed tears. The sisters held each other in a tight hug, and Viquilla kissed her on the cheek, “they’ll accept her eventually, just give it time” she said quietly, glancing over her shoulder where Viquilla’s twin, Vivianna stood awkwardly, not daring to come a step closer. Vanna threw a half smile toward her, and pulled away from Viquilla, “I love you” she sputtered, and fled off into the waiting forest.
Days passed and still Vanna wandered the dense wood, she hadn’t seen any sign of life, excluding the birds and squirrels that twittered as she walked by, which she
would occasionally snack on, offering Kacia tiny pieces of raw meat.

*BIG update! haha. Still no pics. sorry. I've been off sims for a while =] but i will REALLY try to get some. I swear. Please read anyway. and Comments are wonderfull!*

why do people pay to go up tall buildings, then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?
[/size]
Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 09:19:02 am »

Ohh, its so sad. I wonder, how ill Kacia grow up? And what is Vyika?
Your story is beautiful! I can't wait for you to get pictures in too!

Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 12:12:47 pm »

I am even more intrigued.  I'm eager to see these people and their village.  Vanna is younger than I thought.  I had mistakenly thought she was an adult in the first chapter, but now she seems like a teen  She must be very firm in her desire to raise the baby, being that she is now shunned from her people.  Beautiful writing! 

-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 02:31:28 pm »

Loving the story great update can't wait for pictures!  Oh and a title or name for the story too so I can find it again was looking for it and had lost it.

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
buddy_luv_blah

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 04:48:00 pm »

ha. i'll try to get some pictures today.
and about the title, i just...cant think of anything...i'll keep it inmy mind today!
and thank you all that left comments! =]

[/size]
buddy_luv_blah

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 09:34:45 pm »

Alrighty! A title! YEAH! i also got a Title Picture, but i'm finding it awfully difficult to get pictures for this.
first my game crashed after I took the SecOND TO LAST PIcTURE!
then it was going WAYY to slow because my hard drive came unplugged and blabbidy bla bla so i had to shut it off
then i got some pictures but, I moved them into a different file, and Idk where they went to, becuase I forgot.
so maybe, i shall try again. and hopefully this time I won't fail.
I AM however having a bit of writers block, and don't know what should happen next. Usually it just takes a sentance or two to get me writing and writing and writing. so when I think of one, i'll have another update. But in the meantime, any suggestions are welcome! =]

[/size]
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 10:01:15 am »

Ooh - love the title!  And the cover pic is cool.  I'm sorry about all your game issues.  That really sucks.

I figured pictures would be a challenge, I hope you find a way to do them the way you want.

Starwish001

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 11:21:50 am »

This is so interesting! I would like to see some pictures!

GingerGal08
Vampire on the run!

May bite if provoked.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 08:32:21 am »

If she's not a vampire,I'm guessing she's either a zombie or a cannibal.

"Hold me,
Like you held onto life,
When all fears came alive and entombed me.
Love me,
Like you love the sun,
Scorching the blood in my vampire heart." - Vampire Heart,H.I.M.
buddy_luv_blah

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 07:59:48 pm »

~Bigggg update today. i spent all week writing while i was out of state and without internet connection. yay.  i've got about 12 pages in a notebook so this should be fun. still no pictures. my sims wouldn't run so i had to uninstall it. hopefully people will still read without pictures though.~

The poor creature detested it but accepted because there was noting else. Vanna stopped to make camp late one night in a snowy clearing. "Kacia stay close" Vanna warned as the little girl edged closet to the forest, "Kacia!" she cried with a tone of annoyance in her voice as the little lean-to she had been struggling to make, suddenly collapsed. "uugh" she moaned, spinning back to the forest to retrieve her newly adopted daughter. "kacia?" she called, recieving no reply. "kacia, where did you go!?" Vanna frantically pushed aside the branches of lowbushes and piles of dead leaves on the ground. "KACIA!" "looking for this?" Vanna snapped her head up, it was him.

alright, i'm bored. i'll type more later.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 11:09:43 am by buddy_luv_blah » Logged

[/size]
Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 02:50:59 am »

"kacia?" she called, recieving no reply. "kacia, where did you go!?" Vanna frantically pushed aside the branches of lowbushes and piles of dead leaves on the ground and piles of dead leaves on the ground. "KACIA!" "looking for this?" Vanna snapped her head up, it was him.
[/quote]

Lol! But apart from that, scary. I love da way you work in the suspense. Brilliant! More! MORE!

buddy_luv_blah

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 12:38:01 pm »

~haha. i fixed it. yay. i will type more now. i'm full of boredom and junk. yay. my grandma is talking to me and i'm just chillaxin. its great.~

It was him, The one that had watched her devour the young human mother, then disappeared without a trace, and he was holding Kacia's tiny hand. "Give her back" Vanna growled, stepping closer and balling her hands into fists. "A simple thank you would've been sufficient" he said with a smirk. Vanna's cheeks flushed crimson with anger. "don't be so defensive" he coolly remarked, “she’s not even yours, I saw what you did to her mother” he threw his head back in a snigger. Vanna lunged forward until his face was in inch from hers, “I gave up everything for this little girl, my family, my friends, I don’t even have proper shelter for us, so give her here and we’ll be on our way.” Vanna stretched her hand toward Kacia, “now”. The young man lifted up Kacia in one swift motion and held her against his bare chest, “no”. Vanna glared into his deep yellow eyes, “let go” He ignored her request and took a single step back as two giant, black wings unfolded from the center of his back, they looked solid, like a bat’s but if you looked closer, you could see tiny feathers, each one perfectly placed to hide the gaps. Vanna’s icy blue eyes grew wide, each gigantic wing was nearly twice her arm span, and one graceful beat was all it took him 6 feet in the air. “what? You never seen wings before?” he mocked, hovering just out of her reach. Vanna gazed at his rippling muscles, his cutoff jean short, “aren’t you cold?” she asked, suddenly off topic. “Not in the least bit” he replied, gently settling back onto the snow, “but I think Kacia is, come spend the night in my cabin, I’ve got a few extra rooms” he said, handing the half-asleep toddler back to Vanna’s waiting arms. She gazed up at his surprisingly tanned face, “absolutely not”, and she spun on her heels to leave. But suddenly, he was in front of her once more, blocking their path. “Just one night, for the baby’s sake” he said with a grin. “no! now leave us alone, I’ll be fine and so will she” he brushed the blonde ringlets from Kacia’s face and looked at Vanna, “she’ll freeze to death out here, and look at you, your skin is bright purple” Vanna gazed down at her arm, giving in. “One night, then we’re going”. He smirked, “and do you have a name?” She blew the hair out of her eyes, “Vanna, and you?” “Damian” he replied, tossing his head, “let’s go”. He motioned to his back as he once again took Kacia in his arms. “You…you want to fly us there?!” Vanna said with a laugh. “Well, is there really any other way?” Damian joked. Vanna shook her head, “well, with all I’ve been through today, this probably wouldn’t hurt”. She wrapped her arms around his neck and laced her fingers together tightly, bringing her legs up to rest on his hips, “don’t you dare drop Kacia!” She warned as they lifted into the chill air, “don’t worry Vanna, I’ve got her” Damian said over his shoulder. It was only a 15 minute ride and Vanna was disappointed when her feet once again touched the cool earth. “Home sweet home” Damian said under his breath, motioning to a small log cabin. Two rocking chairs stood silently on the porch and a skinned animal of some sort hung from a post. Vanna licked her lips and grabbed at the post, standing on tippy toe to take in its strong stench. Damian chuckled, “Iwas saving that for later, but you’re welcome to have it now.” Vanna stepped back, blushing, embarrassed at her lack of self control, “oh, no thanks”. Damian shook his head and smiled, ushering her toward the door with is one free hand, in the other Kacia rested, her tiny ands had a tight grip on his thick arm and her head rested on his shoulder. Vanna pushed open the heavy wooden door and turned to Damian, “I’ll take her, just point me to our room”. He gently layed Kacia in Vanna’s arms and pointed to a long hallway to their left, “3rd door down”. Vanna nodded and turned to find their room.
A king size cedar bed was pushed up against one wall, a plain white comforter sat neatly on top. On the opposite wall, a small window overlooked the forest. Other than this, the room was bare. The immaculate carpet was white, the door was white, even the wooden walls seemed to be tinted white, and everything was perfectly clean. “great” Vanna sighed, sliding Kacia off her arms and onto the bed, pulling the covers up and over her tiny body, “goodnight Kacia”. Vanna sighed as she unbuttoned her jeans and slid them down over her hops, throwing them to the side and stretching her arms up over her head. A quiet rap on the door startled her, “Vanna?” A voice whispered, “I figured you didn’t have anything to sleep in so I brought you a, uh, shirt” She rolled her eyes and cracked open the door, snatching the light blue fabric from his hand, “thanks” she said coldly, hearing a laugh as his footsteps faded away. She gently shut the door, pulled off her tight-fitting red knit sweater, and slipped into his giant t-shirt. It fit her like a dress, the hem falling just below her knees. Vanna crawled into the bed next to Kacia, and placed one hand on the sleeping toddler’s stomach, soothed by each tiny breath and motion. Up and down. Up and down. Suddenly, she was somewhere else, playing in the forest with a little boy. The sunlight was strange, like an old movie, just before disaster strikes. “Matthew!” she called out in glee, but it didn’t sound like her voice, it was ghostly and eerie, it felt like her words were being lost in a breeze. “over here!” the little boy called, giggling as he ran from tree to tree. She chased after him, but the distance between them never changed. “Matthew!” she called out once more, a panicked feel replacing the playful mood. She reached for the boy as she tripped and fell to her knees, watching as he disappeared behind the red fall leaves on the branches. 

[/size]
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: