Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:20:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Downloads Folder Question  (Read 1835 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mickeym_69

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2009, 03:01:11 pm »

Good Afternoon ALL! I'm in the mood to organize my downloads folder.... and I was just wondering what I'm allowed to sub-folder & rename? "Cause I've got about a million or so "no autonomous" mods screaming for a folder...ha!ha!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 03:12:24 pm »

As of NL you were able to use subfolders. I have one for Hacks and Mods, one for clothing meshes (because it's easier to search a smaller mesh folder to check for a needed mesh), and one for New Stuff. I empty the New Stuff out and transfer it to the general folder after a couple of weeks, so I can make sure it works properly in my game. Also, if I have a problem, and now it's because of the either a mod or something new, I can just pull out those two folders, and it gives me a much smaller amount of stuff to hunt through (to find the thing breaking my game).

Hope that made sense lol.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 05:56:00 am »

I use the same method. Definitely keep your hacks and mods separate, if nothing else, it makes it a lot easier to determine whether or not one of them is causing a problem. I expect this to be less and less of an issue as the game more or less stabilizes with no further develpment going on at EAxis for Sims2. My problem is my sims addiction, I have WAY too much stuff and have had to resort to keeping separate folders for hair, clothes, makeup, genetics, well - you get the picture. Anyway, organize in some way that works for you, I've e-chatted with some folks who organize by site from which a download is gotten, and some who organize by creator.
mickeym_69

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 11:54:57 am »

I was just wondering what excatly am I NOT allowed to sub-folder? Thanks in advance!....mickeym_69
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 02:41:46 pm »

I've not found anything, yet.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 06:46:15 pm »

If you have just the base game, you cannot subfolder genetics but everything else you should be able to subfolder. If you have NL or above, you should be able to subfolder everything. All I have loose in my Downloads folder is the CEP file, but apart from that everything else is subfoldered.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: