Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 08:52:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deleting custom mailbox with Clean Installer help?  (Read 1947 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2009, 05:24:17 pm »

So, I have a dreaded custom mailbox that came with a lot I downloaded. Previously my .net framework was all wonky and I couldn't run Clean Installer ... so I deleted the custom mailbox in game.  I tried to remove the mailbox, rezone the lot, and it ended up crashing my game. So I backed up my stuff and started the game all fresh. Put my stuff back in, go to play ... THE STUPID CUSTOM MAILBOX IS STILL THERE!

So I deleted it from the game again. But I do not trust it to not mess everything up. So I ended up reinstalling .net frameworks and etc and finally have Clean Installer working.

But now I can't find a file that says it is a mailbox. Did the game actually delete it this time, or is it being sneaky? Can anybody help me? I fully admit I'm a moron.

My other ride is a chocobo.
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 07:37:22 pm »

when you right-click on the Sims2package file, and choose clean installer, a list is shown with checked boxes but none of them is called "mailbox"?  hmm. maybe it is gone. did you try installing the lot again?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 09:30:11 pm by amc462000 » Logged
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 09:09:48 pm »

There were many recolors when I deleted from in game, and I can only assume they have come from many lots I've downloaded. I don't think I could track down all the lots I downloaded and figure out which files are mailboxes that way ... it would be too much. All the lots are gone now from restarting my game, but I know the crap they put into my game is still in my files. All those pesky numbered ones without descriptions.

I was wondering if there was a way in Clean Installer, when you can choose your download folder, if there is a way to recognize which ones are mailboxes there?

At the moment I'm just going crazy and deleting anything that's a numbered thing that I cannot trace what it is.

Thank god I fixed my .NET Framework and from now on whatever I install I can use the Clean Installer and choose what crap it downloads to my folder.  rolleyes

amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 09:29:50 pm »

opening Clean installer, choosing downloads, waiting for them all to be listed then hacks should be red. Should be.

I looked through my stuff and found these mailbox files:

64dd4dfe8b6c10f26b265efed10ddad9_0001.package
cdedc447fd20abf76836303c4da0fc98.Sims2Import
SEDD_ALmailbox.package
mailbox.package
and quite a few beginning with: BSIM139

that is all the help I can offer - I am sorry. 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 09:37:01 pm by amc462000 » Logged
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 11:15:41 pm »

Well, the good news is nothing is in red, so hopefully it's not a hack, and I do not have any of the files which you listed.

I'll keep clearing out the number files that I cannot trace to anything, and hopefully the tricky little mailbox is gone when I try to start fresh again.

Thanks for your help. I am appreciative of any at all, as I thought no one would answer. lol. And if the mailbox is still there when I restart my game, I'll get rid of every single file in my 5GB downloads folder that I do not know EXACTLY what it is, and that'll be that.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: