Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 11:08:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with University  (Read 1479 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« on: January 21, 2009, 08:25:42 pm »

Ok, here's my dilemma. 1st and foremost, I'd like to state before you read on that I did NOT PIRATE THE GAME.  I bought a physical copy of the game, and created .iso files in my back up because my CD/DVD drive has a nasty habit of pitting a nice little ring in the middle of my discs. So the actual disk is pretty much unreadable now, hence I opt to use the .iso files on Daemon Tools Pro (Paid for). Anyways, I recently tried installing Open For Business, but when I fired the game up got no display. The sound played perfectly, but for whatever reason the screen was gray. The HUD appeared normal, but the town display showed nothing. So I uninstalled it, but for whatever reason it uninstalled my University Data as well. I have the base game, UNI & NL. When I fire up NL it plays as normal, but when the town selection screen comes up, it gives me a warning that if I proceed, my colleges will be deleted and all my young adults will be grown up and moved into the Sim Bin, which I don't want.

So now we get to the root of my problem. I open up Daemon Tools and mount the .iso files just as I did 3 years ago to initially install UNI and NL on my PC. It reads the file, but then shows a dialog saying:

"Please match sure The Sims 2 University disc is in the drive. Press OK to terminate and restart the application."

Then it closes. When I explore the file and hit autorun, it does the same thing. So my question is, does .iso files deteriorate after time or is there something I'm not doing right. Should I uninstall EVERYTHING and then reinstall it back to back to back? Mind you, I back up my files constantly, so a reinstall wouldn't force me to start over. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you resolve it?

kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 03:42:31 am »

An admin can feel free to lock this. I troubleshot the problem elsewhere and go a resolution that worked.

karld

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 04:06:39 am »

My wife runs this game, I run a gaming ring with ISO images. Kids can mess up originals while playing sowe ISO all originals onto a server then allow playig off the images. This is a security protection issue from what I can understand. Being technical by nature I would advise using a utility called YASU along with daemon tools. We run most of our images like this and it allows Safedisc and Securom protection to run properly.

http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f13/new-yasu-v1-07-released-15702/ Rock

Evil Remember this should only be done with games that you own and not PIRATED stuff. If you like the game then spend the money. Cheesy Grin
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 06:03:57 am »

An admin can feel free to lock this. I troubleshot the problem elsewhere and go a resolution that worked.

*sneaks in, slaps a lock on the thread, and wanders off*

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: