Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:53:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP! AAAAAGH! I'm ready to delete the whole shebang and toss my sims games!!!!  (Read 3718 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« on: January 23, 2009, 03:51:52 pm »

GRRR!

Ok, before I say what the issue is today...

I've tried removing my dl folder, deleting cache files, and even completely uninstalling and reinstalling every one of my games.

I keep getting this error during play:

Error: Bad gosub tree number.

If I don't CONSTANTLY give my sims something to do I get this error- like every second it pops up- on every lot- in every "neighborhood".  It happens with ALL my sims.  It is constant and soooo annoying.

It's bad enough I have to deal with the game crashing all the time, the body shop not working, but now this!

CAN ANYONE tell me WHAT THE HECK this error means and/or how to "fix" it?Huh?  pReTtY PLEEEEEEAAAAAASE?Huh??

It's driving me totally nuts!

I downloaded the patch at EA but this is still an issue so I'm at a total loss.   huh

Any ideas anyone, please???

THANKS in advance- oh- and if I can fix all these issues I can begin doing custon sims/requests again- so if you're on my "to-sim" lists just hang in there or go to someone else if you're sick of waiting on me to work all these bugs out. Wink

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 04:56:17 pm »

BTW-

I have all EP's up to AL and all SP's except for mansion/garden stuff and ikea stuff. Smiley

I've now removed all my stuff again and done another uninstall.  I'm going to try to load each EP and test-play them seperately- then add a stuff pack one at a time and test those.... this will likely take all weekend...

I have to wonder if it's worth it?  Maybe it's time to find a new hobby or go stick my nose in another series of books??? LOL

Thanks again for any help or pointers you can offer me. Cheesy

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 07:11:24 pm »

If this is happening when playing with completely virgin folders inside your The Sims 2 folder (that is, NO downloads, nothing in Saved Sims which does not come with the game, nothing in LotCatalog that does not come with the game, nothing in Collections that does not come tih the game, nothing in sc4Terrains that does not come with the game, nothing in Movies that does not come with the game, nothing in Neighborhoods that does not come with the game, and so on), the after it happens and you Quit the game, check the error log.

You need only look at he first few lines of any errors stored there -- that can help determine what is generating the error.

If you can't determine which are come-with-the-game items and which are not, then back-up all the items you will need later on (see below) - essentially that would be the entire The Sims 2 folder (hover your mouse over that folder, right click on it and choose Copy, then go to wherever you want to keep the back-up, place your cursor, right-click and choose Paste) - to someplace else on your computer, then do an uninstall and reinstall of all your EPs and SPs and choose the 'don't save my games' option. That will generate a virgin, game-items-only The Sims 2 folder. Other than that, there is really no reason to uninstall or reinstall.

If the error does not occur with virgin folders, then replace them with your backed-up folders - one at a time - and launch a test game each time to see if the error crops up (don't Save those test games, just Quit them).

Once you have replicated the error, you'll know which folder's contents are to blame, and checking the error log may be a big help in figuring out what the culprit is.

Worst case scenario is that one of your 'hoods is corrupted and will have to be totally deleted and started over from scratch.

Very long shot is something which extremely rarely happens: a lot, even though showing in the game, is also incorrectly 'stuck' in the Teleport folder as well.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 07:24:42 pm by rwills » Logged
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 12:40:32 pm »

Thank you so much- I bet I am missing a file somewhere that is "hidden" where I wouldn't think to look for it.

I am going to go REALLY look at every single error and file.  Thanks again!

Will let you know what/if I "discover" anything. Smiley

~*~ Donna ~*~
liane

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 09:58:22 pm »

Star Wars

HOw do I get rid of bad gosub tree
this is driving me crazy, I've looked in my log file but don't know what to do
please help.

sim2 nuts
Morocca

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 12:02:39 pm »

Yea I am having the same friggin problem ... Everytime I get into my car todrive to a community lot i get this error (Bad Gosub Tree Number/Object Error_N003_t3256txt) What does it mean and what do I have to do to get rid of it?
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 12:39:12 pm »

Sounds like a few of you are getting this message the other 2 that asked since you have the same problem as the OP I would follow the advice given to the OP and see what happens.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 02:00:49 pm »

This error is caused by an incompatible hack that is referencing a BHAV function which doesn't exist in your version of the game.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: