Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 09:02:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Dumbest Thing You Said or Did  (Read 70687 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 29, 2010, 12:28:54 pm »

LOL, that's funny. Though, it occurs to me (which makes it even funnier), she wanted to know if you were going to wear it at a particular place (someone's party, etc) when she asked where you were going to wear it. Wink

So, many years ago, when my sisters and I were all kids, we would go to my granny's and papa's house (my maternal grandparents) for supper. Their table wasn't big enough for everyone one to sit at, so my parents would sit at a table with Granny and Papa, along with my eldest sister, while the remaining three of us sat at another table they would set up nearby.

One time, we were all happily eating and my younger sister looked at me and asked, "Joy, whose auntie will we be?"

She asked the question fast, blending the words together so I heard, "Willwebe", as if it was some strange name. I thought she was asking about some obscure relative she had heard mentioned and wanted to know more about. I had no idea who this Willwebe person was. "I don't know. Who's she?"

Her: No, whose auntie will we be?

Me: I told you. I don't know.

This went on for a while, sounding like a bizarre version of "Whose On First". Even my mother was confused because she was hearing the same thing I was. The more often I said, "I don't know. Who?" or "Never heard of her." The more frustrated she got. Finally, just about in tears, she slammed the flat of her hand on the table and shouted, "No! Whose. Auntie. Will. We. Be."

"OH, that." I said. "I don't know, since none of us have had kids yet."

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 29, 2010, 12:40:24 pm »

Lol Joy. I probably would've done the same thing, too, considering how I have a tendency to mishear some things.

EDIT: OK, so I want to tell you folks just how smart I am.

My dad and I have been in this little silly-string war since my graduation party. Just a few minutes ago, he surprise-attacked me, and proceeded to hide both his and my can of silly string. I searched around the house, and finally found it in the laundry bin full of clean clothes. He grabs his can, and I grab mine, but here's the best part.

I grab my can, and I aimed for my dad. However, I didn't look at where the can was aimed at, so I ended up shooting myself with silly string!!

Yeah, and he told my mom immediately afterwards, and I know she's gonna tell everyone. So much for graduating with honors! rolleyes
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 03:09:30 pm by soulofthesea » Logged

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
  Print  

Jump to: