Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:58:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16
  Print  
Author Topic: The Dumbest Thing You Said or Did  (Read 69879 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: June 12, 2010, 04:07:55 pm »

My old headset is in a bad shape, and I barely get sound on one ear, if at all... So a couple of days ago, I bought myself a new headset.

The problem?

Well - first of all, the new one wasn't as comfortable as I had hoped. But I thought, hey - I can live with that. It's got sound on both the ears!!!
Then, while it was plugged into my computer, I somehow managed to stumble in the wires. And of course the wire decided to pop out of the plug... So I'm left with the headset in one hand, the plug in the other, trying to fix it. But after a few minutes, I realized there was no hope.
It's the worst buy ever. Two days after getting it, it's already unusable.
At least it wasn't very expensive. There is that...

I've stumbled in the old one before, and I have to fix the wires every time I put it on because they have to be in a special position to get sound of it, but at least it works if I'm lucky.
But I'm still going to buy a new one. One with a better plug, and which is more comfortable to wear...

And I'm going to try not to stumble in it.
Says the girl who manages to stumble in the stairs for the third time in just a few months, getting another collection of bruises... I'm clumsy, I know...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
marcolopez

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 12, 2010, 04:35:57 pm »

I stayed up until 1 AM on a Saturday and I got grounded for it.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 05:26:59 pm by marcolopez » Logged
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 12, 2010, 05:04:38 pm »

You know, it's not a very good idea to publish your full name and location on a website. It can lead to problems for you later on.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
carenmrose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: June 12, 2010, 05:16:07 pm »

When I was in 6th-7th grade, i was a really wierd person ...
I used to pick up candy *off the floor* and eat it ... certainly qualifies as dumb ... but I knew people would make (more) fun of me if they saw me do that ((so why didn't I just stop, duh!)) so I would purposely drop a pencil or something by the candy & pick them both up ...
I think I finally realized how stupid it was when I tried this while going up the stairs between classes and got run into from behind ...  tongue  tongue

That was 10 years ago ...

I can't think of anything specific really funny or pathetic from recently ...

However, one day at work about a month or so ago, all the soda started coming out of the fountains flat.  So I walked up to my store manager and said, "We're out of carbon dioxide."  So she's like 'what??' ... and she says to me, "That's the stuff that will kill you, you know, like in car exhaust?"  So I just started laughing at her, said, "No, actually that's carbon monoxide."
She gives me this embarassed look, and says something like, "Oops, I didn't know that ..."
She tells me, we just always call it CO2 ...
(I still call it carbon dioxide, "CO2" just sounds lazy to me Wink )

Check out my website
and my story "Picking Up the Pieces"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HATTERS
Cracked Armor

Winter for a year

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 08, 2010, 08:50:31 pm »

I remember maybe last summer, I woke up and was getting ready to go hang out with some friends. I looked in the mirror and was like: " oh man, i look surprisingly hot today.  Wink" (Complete with clicking my tongue and pointing my hand made into a gun in the mirror. trust me I'm never this catty.) As I walked out of my room I opened the door and hit my head on it.
Rubbing my head i said sarcastically: "ok god, I guess I deserved that." -_-

Then while walking down the stairs I slipped and fell all the way down them. This resulted in me going: "SORRY GOD.. WTF"

YEAH. I had stayed up until like 4 in the previous night (or that day). XD

HappyThoughts
Lump of Clay

Fear me I'm 5'3" ooga booga booga

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: July 08, 2010, 11:47:26 pm »

lol I don't have anything to say other than OMG that is very funny and the next time I remember the dumbest thing I said and did I'll hope it sounds just as funny as that.  For real thats classic karma I see all the time in this house. lol

headcrab

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 09, 2010, 08:09:56 pm »

I never told anyone this but the dumbest thing I ever did before joining moonlightdragon was that I lost my flash drive but then I found it in my freezer. talk about your deep freeze.(rimshot)
soulofthesea
Composer/Sound Engineer in Training

Axe 'em Jacks!

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 09, 2010, 08:36:14 pm »

Nice one, headcrab. Titter

What goes on in the Band Room either stays in the Band Room, or goes on Youtube!

I am here
headcrab

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 09, 2010, 09:43:56 pm »

That actually happened and I was embarrassed because of it.
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 09, 2010, 09:42:34 pm »

I'm amazed at my own brilliance at the moment. Went to go investigate a strange smell coming from the kitchen a few minutes ago, and was surprised to discover the burner on my stove was still lit, and the remnants of my homemade tomato bisque was nothing more than a thick, wretched-smelling tar-like substance. It'd been happily boiling (er, burning) away for the better part of five hours. Blech!

...burned my leftovers, destroyed the sauce pan, and filled the house with the acrid smell of burnt food! I'm a triple threat, yo! *strikes a pose*

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 09, 2010, 09:49:53 pm »

*Applauds Jenna* Bravo! That was well done, indeed. Er ... OK, pun intended.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 10, 2010, 12:59:32 am »

You know, the pan may not be totally ruined. If you put it full of water on the stove and throw in a dryer sheet and boil it for a about twenty minutes, most of the scorched junk will come off. Personal experience from former roommates that didn't know crap about cooking. It also will work on broilers, but be very sure that you scrub the crap out of it so no lingering softener remains. Bleh! (Domestic skills, I haz them. Also, make a paste out of baking soda and scrub with a Scotchbrite pad and a great deal of it will come off, too.)

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: September 10, 2010, 01:51:27 am »

I once was going upstairs for a snack, and found an empty casserole on the stove, with the temp on full. The bottom had already gone black. Isn't the first time people forgot to turn off the stove in this house, either.
We still use the casserole, though.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 10, 2010, 02:15:47 am »

Another good thing for scrubbing with baking soda on glass or steel pans (NO non-stick) is wadded up tin foil. A brass bristle grill cleaning brush works well, too. Boiling water with vinegar in it for about twenty minutes is a nice trick, as well.

Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 10, 2010, 01:37:38 pm »

*writes this stuff down*

I use wadded up tinfoil and baking soda to clean my grill, and I've used the boiling vinegar trick on pots in the past. But a dryer sheet? Hah! I've never heard of that one, but given the state the pan is in, I'm willing to give it try. One less trip to replace kitchen crap is always a good thing.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16
  Print  

Jump to: